does the a8-7600 bottleneck a 1050ti?

theezgamerzyt

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
i've built a computer before with this cpu and gpu and it worked very well together. got around 75-80+ fps on h1z1 kotk. now i just built one for my friend with the same cpu and gpu ( yes i know i should've gone with a better athlon, it was a tight budget) but this time it is not getting the same frames, instead around 45-50. both these times the graphic settings were on medium. the frames go up or down if i change resolution higher or lower and as well as low med high settings. when i go back into msi afterburner (no gpu overclock) it says each of my 4 cpu cores hit 100% but when in game, task manager says cpu is only at 50%... Can someone please help me out??? im puzzled

Solution
make sure you turn off any power saving schemes in bios and in windows, turn off c7, cool and quiet, the cpu oc's a bit i have one too, i am able to get it to 3.3 base, make sure the power slide in amd wattman and afterburner is maxed out. look for it in process check high priority and park and unpark the utilization in task manager .
Is the monitor actually plugged Into the 1050ti??
If it's plugged to the main board its using the and integrated graphics.

That said the issue with the a8-7600 is its locked & has a fairly low base clock.
If it had to be fm2+ then the 860k would have been a far better buy.

theezgamerzyt

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

yes i have the monitor plugged into the 1050ti. i can oc the cpu in bios. but i also haven't been able to update bios yet. could that be holding back my cpu?

ghettogamer

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
make sure you turn off any power saving schemes in bios and in windows, turn off c7, cool and quiet, the cpu oc's a bit i have one too, i am able to get it to 3.3 base, make sure the power slide in amd wattman and afterburner is maxed out. look for it in process check high priority and park and unpark the utilization in task manager .

Solution

theezgamerzyt

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

ok i will try that when i get home! thanks