$500((soft cap)) gaming rig that "looks cool."lol... Help?

Amberr

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Hello everyone. So I have seen other post about $500 gaming rig. But I want to be a bit more specif. It is a Christmas present for my little brother and his first ever computer. And so the reason I started a new thread for this is because looks matter in this case. When I built the PC I have now I did not care how it looked.
Just how it ran.((thank you all so much for the help on this build! It is going on 4 years old now and still runs anything I throw at it =) Gonna get a new GPU and CPU soonish. )) But I was 21 when I built this. He is 14. And I know he will want something that looks dope. As part of his present I am going to teach him how to build it. I think it will be a good bonding time. I was 11 when he was born, so we never really did much together. And no he will be driving soon makes me think of all the time I could have spent with him but didn't. So this is a big deal for me. lol

What it will be used for: For the most part it will be a gaming build.He likes to watch streams, but has no interest in streaming himself at this point. So, I mean, like it will be used for Netflix, Youtube, surfing the web and looking at stuff he shouldn't, lol. He likes all sorts of games, sorry that I ca not narrow it down.

But his favorite color is blue. So I really want to get some blue LED's in there. For the fans I want to do the ones that have LED's in them. And for the case I am trying to find a full ATX that is white and "futuristic" looking with a window so you can see inside. And I am willing to go a bit over. I want him to lose his shit when he sees it. And then lose it again when he sees it turn on.

TL:DR I am going to b building my little brother his first PC, meant for gaming. There is a $500 soft cap but I want to loo epic. Th kind of thing that grabs your eye as soon as you walk in to the room. Un like my big clunky PC. lo. But I love my PC/

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm tall order, but something like this might give you some ideas:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Plextor - M8Pe 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($85.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 550 2GB AERO ITX OC Video Card ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Case: BitFenix - Aegis Core (Red) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $540.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-18 17:05 EDT-0400

Solution