1060 6gb not using all watts.

Reckless39

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
No matter what I am doing nvidia inspector shows that my gpu never uses more than 30w. The voltage is fine though (0,794). I also have a huge problem with temporal aliasing, for example if I run this test www.testufo.com/aliasing-visibility#foreground=FFFFFF&background=000000&antialiasing=1&thickness=1, the line must be pure white color, but with aliasing enabled it turns grey, with moving white dots where aliasing "stairs" connect. This appeared after I played gta 5 and some other games, just after I built my pc, and now it appears in every 3d program, but not all of them have txaa. So any ideas if low wattage could be causing this?

Jayhawker32

Distinguished
I don't think it's your GPU in this case as I have the same issue where the line appears more gray. This could be because of how they are anti-aliasing. If you up the pixel count for the bar it turns white again. Are you having performance issues in game?

Reckless39

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

Ok, I fixed this in gta with enabling negative lod bias in profile inspector on -1,5 and setting transparency multisampling on 0x00000008 AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL, but it is still a little noticeble even on msaa x8 (thought my fps are stable only at x4), anyway it's really sad for me that drivers optimization are so poor today, cause my 6 yo radeon card didn't have any of these problem (and my aa options were off), and I didn't have to waste 2 month on figuring wether I have to rma my rig or what. What a shame developers can't code their shit right, so that half-life 2 won't look a hundred times better and clear.

Still have no clue why nvidia inspector shows only 30 watts using under load.