My RX 550 crashes in any game I play. How can I fix it?

GeorgeL123

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
So I bought the Gigabyte RX 550 D5 2GB GDDR5 version. Once I join a game after 10-20 minutes the game stops, the screen becomes black and the game crashes and it goes back to windows. Before I installed the new card I uninstalled my old graphics card's drivers. Then I opened my side panel, I unscrewed the the old graphics card's screw and then I inserted the rx 550 in my pcie slot (which is 3.0 16x slot) and I screwed the screw. Then I closed the case side panel I opened my pc, I went to amd.com to download the drivers (which are Radeon Crimson ReLive 17.8.2) the games I tried were:

Unturned
Roblox
Dota 2
Payday 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2

Also I checked if the rx 550 is installed correctly installed in the pci-express slot and if the screw was tight enough which it was. And I also tried uninstalling my games and reinstalling them again but it didn't help and I tried to reinstall the drivers.
I even tried going back to Radeon Crimson ReLive 17.7.2 and then I checked if I had chose the correct driver version. I then checked if I had put the correct information in amd support and drivers website (desktop graphics,rx series, rx 5xx series and windows 10 64-Bit)

Here are my PC Specs:
AMD FX 4300 Quad-Core 3.80Ghz
ASRock N68C-GS4 FX Bios Version P1.00
Kinsgston 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz Ram
Power Tech 620 Watt Power Supply
Windows 10 64-Bit

So why is this happening and how can it be fixed?

Solution
i was running into the same issue. i would crash on :
Dota 2
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2

what you have to do is download the latest radeon drivers open your radeon settings application click the gaming tab click global settings then select "global wattman" change your gpu frequency to dynamic from auto and your memory frequency to dynamic from auto. you do not have to change these values as they can damage your hardware if you dont know what your doing, simply change the values from auto to dynamic. This trick has solved all my problems.
credit goes to a youtuber who showed this in a video. merry christmas and a happy new year

GeorgeL123

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

In msi afterburner its showing that the core clock is 0 and it wont let me change it...

lonely_gamer_69

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
i was running into the same issue. i would crash on :
Dota 2
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2

what you have to do is download the latest radeon drivers open your radeon settings application click the gaming tab click global settings then select "global wattman" change your gpu frequency to dynamic from auto and your memory frequency to dynamic from auto. you do not have to change these values as they can damage your hardware if you dont know what your doing, simply change the values from auto to dynamic. This trick has solved all my problems.
credit goes to a youtuber who showed this in a video. merry christmas and a happy new year

Solution

TRENDING THREADS