Which is the best 1060 in your opinion?

theswedichfrog

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017
I want to buy a 1060 to replace my 760 and i was wondering which manufacturer you think is the best for the 1060.

My 760 is from MSI

Thanks!

Solution
Strictly speaking there are very little difference between aftermarket GPU's. Manufacturers tend only to apply their custom cooler on the PCB and increase the core clock a little too. It's mostly down to aesthetics but people do indeed claim that different cards have different capabilities. It's well known that EVGA tend to sell their cards with a vigorous stock overclock making it fly past other cards of the same type but in fact this can be implemented on all brands depending on whether or not you have the knowledge to overclock. In past experiece, I've found that Strix for example have a better overclocking capability than gigabyte but of course people can argue with that.

It's all down to preference

WayneTech

Reputable
Feb 22, 2017
Strictly speaking there are very little difference between aftermarket GPU's. Manufacturers tend only to apply their custom cooler on the PCB and increase the core clock a little too. It's mostly down to aesthetics but people do indeed claim that different cards have different capabilities. It's well known that EVGA tend to sell their cards with a vigorous stock overclock making it fly past other cards of the same type but in fact this can be implemented on all brands depending on whether or not you have the knowledge to overclock. In past experiece, I've found that Strix for example have a better overclocking capability than gigabyte but of course people can argue with that.

It's all down to preference

Solution

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I prefer the EVGA ICX cards such as the SC2 and FTW3. They both have excellent VRMs, thermal pads between the main heatsink and everything that produces heat on the PCB which not a lot of vendors do, thermal sensors for things like the VRM and VRAM again not something many other board partners do. They are also know for their good customer service and warranty. My runner up would probably be the ASUS ROG card or the Galax HOF and EXOC.

That said 1060s run rather cool even with a lesser cooler and don't really require a beefy VRM. Any 1060 from a reputable vendor should be just fine.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

I went from a 760 to a 1060 6gb as well, there was a large noticeable difference in the games I play. How big the difference is will largely depend on the game, I would guess it will perform anywhere from 50-100% better than a 760.