GT 1030 for GTA V

Ragu24

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
I am planning to upgrade my old PC. I have a Core i3-2120 PC with 4 GB of RAM. I am planning to upgrade my RAM and install a new graphics card. I should be able to play GTA V at 900p. Will I be able to play the game with GT 1030 and 8GB of RAM. What FPS will I get? Is there any budget card which could handle the game well.

Thanks in advance.

Solution

1050ti is the best GPU that DOESN'T need a pin connector
i suggest u get that instead, it'll run GTA V smoothly on high (if ur CPU permits :))
1030 probably run it at low/med at most (as i can run GTA V with my previous GPU, the GT 630 on lowest at 30-60fps)

If you are running now using integrated graphics, you will be pleased with a GT1030.
Still GT1030 is a very entry level card; see if you can't swing a GTX1050 or GTX1050ti.

On upgrading ram, consider very carefully how you will do it.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards can be very sensitive to this.
If your upgrade is via a 2 x 4gb kit you should be good.
Take the time to check a ram web site for compatibility with your motherboard.

OTOH, if you now have a single 4gb stick adding a second similar stick is not guaranteed to work.
My guess is that you have about a 85% chance of success.

What is your plan B if such an addition fails?

My suggestion is to buy a 2 x 4gb supported kit in the first place.
Keep the old stick as a spare or sell it.

Ragu24

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely consider buying a RAM kit instead of a single RAM.

Ragu24

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am planning to get the GTX 1050 TI. Now will I be able to play the game on HIGH settings at 1080p ?

Not High but at medium and some textures and other at low becouse of your CPU

A mix of it actually, since what u have right now is an i3, it'll limit some settings, but yes, the GPU itself is capable of playing on high@60

Solution

xeddiex

Respectable
Aug 27, 2017

Just to clarify, some 1050Tis DO need a connector :)

yes, some brand decided to add a variant where it requires the pin connector, which OP should avoid if his PC (or his PSU to be exact) doesn't have the required pin connector (but the actual advertisement from Nvidia itself is the no-connector variant, they boast it as a GPU that only pull powers from mobo)

sarthak.saswat.das

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017

LOL i am having the gt 1030 with i5 2520 8gb ram and i play gta 5 at 1080p med-high settings at around a 40fps of average

try OCing your card a bit and maybe u can reach the realm of ~50 fps XD

sarthak.saswat.das

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017

i was always afraid of it and am still afraid.Dont u think its dangerous? i mean u are pushing the gpu beyond its limits, making it worked in a way in which it wasnt suppose to work

sarthak.saswat.das

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017

i think u will be able to play as i am having a gt 1030 and when i turn everything to high at 1080p i get like 30 fps at an average which is ok but sometimes fps drops to 25fps so i usually play in med-high settings. But i guess having a gt 1050 ti in its place will easily allow u to play at high settings at 50 fps average or even 60, it has almost double the perfomane

that's not really the case, at least imho
it's not "making it worked in a way which wasn't suppose to work", overclocking is pushing TO THE limit, not pushing OVER the limit imo
manufacterers had to make some sort of standard, hench that's why they listed base and boost clock, yet, still provided you with software to tweak it on your own, why? coz they can and will guarantee that the GPUs they sold will work on those listed numbers, but above those numbers, it's all up to the silicon lottery (which is one of the reason why they had to make the standard in the first place, since the lottery is pretty much random, each silicon had different capability and can performs very differently)
and that's why OC is pretty much normal in these days, as long as the temps and chip allows it + u don't do it recklessly, it's always fine to do some light / moderate OCing, after all, extra performance at no cost [well the card's lifespan probably shorten up a bit, maybe from 10 to 7-8 years of expected lifespan, but who wants to keep a GPU for that long? especially with all the new technology arriving almost every year now]

PS:
the lifespan cut is the risk of putting extra voltage and therefore extra heat unto the chip, but as long as u cool it adequately, it'll be fine

i had a 1050ti, after some tweaks and OC, it able to produce around ~10% extra performance in most of my games, giving me a playable experience on a higher settings in games where it wasn't suppose to deliver

sarthak.saswat.das

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017

But not everything is not the same in my case i am actually using a gt 1030 with a laptop and not a pc, i am doing so by using exp gdc which is an external gpu adapter for laptop and i dont want to take a risk to overclocking it. I know what i said just dosent make sense but i just dont want to try as i havent seen any other people who are using a exp gdc and have overclocked their gpu

i don't see the problem on doing it really, the GPU will perform better and also hotter, but will consume virtually the same since i doubt a GT 1030's power limit can be changed

but if u don't want to do it, well it's your choice, i'm just sayin'

TRENDING THREADS