i7 7700 + 1050 ti or i5 7500 + 1060 3 gb? new pc

ugurcanungay

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
i will buy a new pc today. but i can't choose one. i will play pubg,lol and streaming when i play. which one should i choose for this, and why(please) (don't wan't amd)

other things : z270 pc mate, 16gb 3000 mhz ram, 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd, 600 w coolmaster

Solution

Some games favor Intel's higher clock speeds and some games favor AMD's higher core/thread count. To say AMD is bad for gaming is a misguided/misleading statement. Either way;

i7-7700 + 1050 Ti is less than Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060 3GB (or even 6GB) no matter what game it is. (same price systems)

When AMD doesn't come out on top with direct comparison, they can be won by the money saved going toward a better GPU. Money saved also comes in to play when using a cheaper B350 vs the more expensive Z270 motherboard.

All that being said, 8th-gen Intel Coffee Lake would be a great choice if you could afford both the CPU and the better GPU. If you don't...

Some games favor Intel's higher clock speeds and some games favor AMD's higher core/thread count. To say AMD is bad for gaming is a misguided/misleading statement. Either way;

i7-7700 + 1050 Ti is less than Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060 3GB (or even 6GB) no matter what game it is. (same price systems)

When AMD doesn't come out on top with direct comparison, they can be won by the money saved going toward a better GPU. Money saved also comes in to play when using a cheaper B350 vs the more expensive Z270 motherboard.

All that being said, 8th-gen Intel Coffee Lake would be a great choice if you could afford both the CPU and the better GPU. If you don't care about high-ultra settings then go for the i7 + 1050 Ti.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS