i5 7400 + GTX 1050 ti

Solution
I am sure you can play high end games at 1080p resolution, but any higher than that I don't think so. So if your planning on 4k or something high like that, then you need the 1080 ti.
I would get a RYZEN-based build for this budget. I'll make an example build, and since you can get a KINGUIN W10 key for about $25USD or so I'll assume about a $880USD max for the build.

(for the record the Intel stock cooler is probably about as good as the crappy cooler you linked)

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
On this site we do NOT recommend KINGUIN as a site for activation of windows as it is basically hackers stealing credit cards and then buying windows and then selling it to other people like you for a cheaper price because of course they did not put there own money into it. Also sometimes it doesn't work and/or 6 months later Microsoft may banned the key and also that key is a pirated version of windows. Do not use kinguin.

I did not know that. Is there a link that PROVES this?

Because i buy games at G2A which appears to be the same sort of thing and have NEVER had a single issue.

Plus it's like $25. maybe better to risk having Microsoft say no down the line. It's not outright ILLEGAL AFAIK so I'm going to recommend it but also provide some info about the risk.

https://lockesjourney.wordpress.com/2016/03/17/the-hard-truth-about-g2a-kinguin-and-grey-market-keys/

Read the conclusion at least, which in part says THIS:
"Grey markets aren’t hurting developers, indie or otherwise. They’re just taking advantage of basic market economics."

EXAMPLE BUILD: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gkTVVY

With KINGUIN KEY that may be slightly over budget, but rather than figure out which parts to CHANGE I'll just leave it as is.

(you must create W10 install media following instructions HERE which is easiest with 8GB or larger USB stick: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 )

Memtest86 is here: www.memtest86.com

Key points about build:

CPU - 6-core CPU. Very good, as well as future proof due to extra cores/threads (a 4-core, non-hyperthreaded CPU is not)
- CPU cooler included

DDR4 - RYZEN needs high bandwidth so should get at LEAST a 2666MHz kit as DUAL CHANNEL (two or four sticks setup as per motherboard recommendation)

HDD - 3TB didn't add much, but if budget tight maybe drop to 1TB and add another later. (I'd partition the HDD so first Windows partition is 200GB to easily CLONE later to SSD)

GTX1060 6GB - great card. Single fan EVGA is slightly cheaper but not recommended (would be noisier under load). Conversely, some of these cards are too expensive since performance won't change much with good coolers.

DVD burner? - wasn't sure if you needed one. remove if not.

MOBO - there are cheaper boards, but choose carefully if considering. Asus has a pretty good track record. (also update the BIOS to newest once you get, then test with MEMTEST86 prior to installing Windows)

PSU - recommend 550W (partly to reduce noise due to fan ramping up at about 50% load)

CASE - personal preference. make sure graphics card fits

Okay.
Very grey area i guess. I have mixed feelings on this, but from what I've read it's not technically illegal (on buyers side even if key was illegal you have to KNOW it's illegal which you can't), but if TOMSHARDWARE is dead set against it I'll cease and desist.

xdylan2003x

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Thanks for all of the help I forgot to mention that I am trying to keep a black and red theme which is the only reason I went with the 1050 ti over the 1060. Also what are the differences between Ryzen and Intel?