is 400 psu enough for a new pc case?

StanicEnemy

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014
Hello I currently have this pc chasis

My psu is 400watt came with pc chasis that i bought 3 years ago and now i want to upgrade my pc chasis to this

I want to remove that psu and install it to new pc chasis is it possible? also the pc chasis has 8 fan slots that i can install fans.

The question is 400 psu will be enough to run 8 fans also my system without a issue?

PC Specs

CPU:Intel i5 4440 3.1ghz 1150
GPU:Nvidia GTX 1050ti MSI Gaming X
PSU:400watt
HDD:WD Blue ezex 2017 edition 7200rpm 1tb 64mb cache
HDD:Seagate 500gb 5900 rpm 6mb cache
SSD:Corsair Force Le 200 120gb 500 write/read speed
Mobo:Asus H81M-C
Ram:8GB (4gb Corsair 4gb kingston)
Soundcard:SteelSeries 7.1
Xbox 360 Pc controller
Asus Cerberus Gaming Headset
X7 G800V Gaming Keyboard
X7 XL 750-BH Gaming Keyboard
X7 Gaming Mousepad

Solution
The one you suggested is just one of EVGA's options, it's at the very bottom of their range. I'm not going to hunt through turkish websites for you, you'll need to give me some options, although I thought you already had given me options.

Edit, missed the 'not'. It's good enough as a PSU, it'll last, it's not very very good, but it's way above 'bad'. Seasonic would still be good.
the wattage of the PSU has nothing to do with the case. Your PC is one upgrade away from the 400W not being sufficient, added to this that PSUs that come with cases are normally poor and i'd suggest that you upgrade your PSU whilst moving to the new case.

As to your thought about fans, i'd suggest with the system that you have, 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan will be plenty, the additionally fans will provide a very very slight benefit at the cost of a lot of noise.

StanicEnemy

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

Thank you for the answer but my pc chasis is really small and in the future I want to buy aftermarket cpu cooler and new stuffs for my pc like psu,currently my psu place is really small here is the picture of my ugly pc chasis.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/smAl5-QxbPqY7WXVGexNlUm6w5li359PUQ5C98dMxhSZFZd42aufPqHMUnuGYZeDo3elecH-Vph7Nkw=w1366-h637-rw

Looks like a std atx sized psu to me.

All the other advice still stands, unless you have a heavily OCd cpu and a much more powerful gpu maybe in SLI then you don't need 8 fans, I'm running an OCd 3570k and a 970 and only have 2 intake and 1 exhaust. And your PSU needs replacing.

StanicEnemy

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

i have been using my psu for 3 years without a problem.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

How exactly are you measuring the subtle long-term damage from ripple and poor voltage regulation? Junk PSUs don't just manifest their crappiness by not turning on or setting a cool fire.

The PSU is the most important part of your PC. To leave a junky one in for an upgrade is the PC equivalent of not getting your worn-out brakes fixed because you want a moonroof.

Your PSU will be junk, it will be a problem come any upgrade to a more powerful component. It might be so borderline that more fans will tip it over the edge.

StanicEnemy

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

thanks! what psu would you recommend me to buy?

StanicEnemy

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

is corsair,cooler master and evga bad choice?

StanicEnemy

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014
so most of the power consumption is on the 12V rails, you have a maximum of a 260W, so that looks like a 280-300W PSU to my mind. With cheaper PSU's those values are often overstated, the fact that there is a big difference between 260 and 400 is a very bad sign.

StanicEnemy

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

so that means the psu i have is really at its limit? and it can damage my pc parts any time?

Would you recommend me some psu,is EVGA 600B Bronze good choice?

StanicEnemy

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

im not gonna go for evga then.

Please recommend 600w +80 bronze psu i have 280 Turkish Lira

The one you suggested is just one of EVGA's options, it's at the very bottom of their range. I'm not going to hunt through turkish websites for you, you'll need to give me some options, although I thought you already had given me options.

Edit, missed the 'not'. It's good enough as a PSU, it'll last, it's not very very good, but it's way above 'bad'. Seasonic would still be good.

Solution