R5 230 has low graphics capabilities?

SaIadass

Reputable
Jul 30, 2017
Hello guys,

I'm playing euro truck driving simulator 2 and I got the game up at the ultra preset.
But it looked nothing like ultra quality, I had some screenshots of ultra preset and it wasnt even close to the mine. I'm using an Radeon r5 230, its cheap and I wanted to know does an cheap graphics card provide lower graphics or is it just my monitor displaying the game at its highest resolution 1260x960.

Solution
Are you sure the screenshots you saw of ultra preset were at that resolution? It's a fairly unusual one.

Generally speaking, a low-end GPU will look just as good in a frame, but manage very few FPS at that quality. And this is a GPU that's not really designed for gaming, but just to show the desktop on a PC that has a CPU without an integrated GPU; it's actually slower than the old integrated HD 3000 graphics you found on some Sandy Bridge CPUs.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Are you sure the screenshots you saw of ultra preset were at that resolution? It's a fairly unusual one.

Generally speaking, a low-end GPU will look just as good in a frame, but manage very few FPS at that quality. And this is a GPU that's not really designed for gaming, but just to show the desktop on a PC that has a CPU without an integrated GPU; it's actually slower than the old integrated HD 3000 graphics you found on some Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Solution