RX 580 Reference cards?

Lostinlodos

Distinguished
May 26, 2015
Hi all, 2 part question
Anyone know if there are currently any 4 or 6 gig rx 580 cards that are NOT overclocked?
I’ve no intention in driving games beyond 1080 if that, and have no interest in bit lite half go coin mining.
I’ve had problems in the past with over clocked cards and have no real use for boosting it beyond reference which seems more than high enough for what I’m doing. And all the OC models are more expensive for something I’m not wanting anyway.

If they don’t exist (beyond the sold out discontinued MSI cards) anyone know of an rx 580 that can be easily reverted to spec without fancy flash roms and warranty breaking magic?

Many thanks:

What's wrong with a factory overclocked non-reference card? They have longer warranties than the reference cards in most cases and are usually the same price or cheaper. Overclocking doesn't even necessarily void the warranty. Just buy a card and play games, it doesn't have to be this complicated. Only 4GB and 8GB versions exist btw, not 6GB.

Lostinlodos

Distinguished
May 26, 2015
i simply never saw a reason when all I really do is convert videos, watch movies, and occasionally play a round of final doom. Having the rx580 looks good for gpu assisted video conversion and pushing 4K films to a tv. But I’m not mining and aside from GTA I don’t really play anything that’s going to push it.
Can you suggest an OC that’s safe and smooth, doesn’t burn up, and has a good warranty?
And would pairing my gigabyte mobo with a gigabyte 580 videocard be beneficial? Beyond brand loyalty etc.?
Bottom line is I’ve always tried to steer clear of OC components. Simply preference.