How to get the most out of the i7-6700 HQ CPU,while playing ArmA 3?

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hi all,

my Lenovo Y-700-15ISK's specs are: i7-6700 HQ CPU, 16 GB DDR4 RAM and a Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB GDDR5 GPU.

As far as I know, ArmA 3 is more a CPU,than a GPU intensive game,and I would like to know how can I get the most out of my i7-6700 HQ CPU ,while playing ArmA 3?

I have tried many different video settings,but even with the lowest video settings,I get some annoying spikes and sudden but short FPS drops and then back to higher FPS,and then FPS drops again and again...

Please help me!
Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

Solution
FPS drops are a known issue in arma 3 since (+1 superninja12) is poorly optimized.
Also you are playing on a laptop. Witch is weaker and has more power saving options than desktop.
What fps are you getting?

Depending on what game mode, people on maps, server you are on, you will suffer more or less fps loss.
FPS drops are a known issue in arma 3 since (+1 superninja12) is poorly optimized.
Also you are playing on a laptop. Witch is weaker and has more power saving options than desktop.
What fps are you getting?

Depending on what game mode, people on maps, server you are on, you will suffer more or less fps loss.

Solution

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015

Dear superninja12 and dextermat,thank you for replying to me!Which are the best Nvidia Control Panel settings for GTX 960 M ?