Update for dell t7400

bernard1991

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Hey guys this is not a question but info for anyone wondering on gpu compatibility on the dell t7400

My system is as follows
Dell t7400
Bios to updated version
Fb-ecc ram with risers giving 128 gb or ram
Two xeon x5472 3ghz quad core
Liquid cooled cpus and modern fans retrofitted to t7400 fan connectors
factory 1000w PSU
80gb ssd holding os and a game
(Next the bit I'm posting about)
GPU: asus gtx 1050ti strix oc edition
Using msi afterburner

The psu has no issues running everything even an overclocked gpu and I'm sure fb-dimm take 15w each and I have 16 in my rig.
I also have a Data collector setup in windows services.

Now I have no bench marks at present but the game I have 7 days to die set to med graphics gives me about 29-120 fps depending where I am in the game and what I'm looking at but it's in alpha stages (with monitor sync off), no power errors, neither warning bleeps of over powered psu it runs smoothely

Well the front fan connector doesn't like my corsair 120mm fans so I get Concorde rev up on all fans until I plug in a genuine dell fan then its calm until more air flow is needed
Confusing yes, annoying unbelievably.

But anyway that's what I have to say
So anyone who has said in past ddr3 gpu won't work in ddr2 pc needs to do their research as my gpu is ddr4

Thanks for reading
Hope this helps anyone planing on a budget pc or happen to have a t7400 laying around wanting to know what works so anything in the new gtx 1000 series

Solution
The ram on your GPU is GDDR5 not ddr4.

Also the ram type on your GPU has nothing to do with whats type your motherbd uses. GDDR5 has been the gaming class GPU ram for many years. DDR5 motherbds are not even coming until next year.

What may be an issue is if the GPU supports the older PCIE version 1 & 2 sockets. The Current socket is version 3 with 4 and 5 coming in the next few years as well.

I'm not sure where you got your info from so next time just come here first and be steered right the first time!

Grats on your successful build!

popatim

Titan
The ram on your GPU is GDDR5 not ddr4.

Also the ram type on your GPU has nothing to do with whats type your motherbd uses. GDDR5 has been the gaming class GPU ram for many years. DDR5 motherbds are not even coming until next year.

What may be an issue is if the GPU supports the older PCIE version 1 & 2 sockets. The Current socket is version 3 with 4 and 5 coming in the next few years as well.

I'm not sure where you got your info from so next time just come here first and be steered right the first time!

Grats on your successful build!

Solution