OS - Windows 10 64bit
CPU - FX6300 Black Edition
GPU - Zotac GTX 950 OC Edition
MoBo - ASRock 970m Pro3
RAM - 2x4GB G.Skill Aries 1600
PSU - Corsair CX600 Bronze+ Certified
HDD - Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 Barracuda
WiFi - Rosewill RNX-N250PCe

It was a budget build when i built it a year and a half ago, and i hope for someone else to enjoy it for a while longer. She really runs great still, i am able to play the witcher 3 and skyrim all on highest settings without any lag whatsoever. Dota 2 doesnt stutter even when 10 heroes are all mashed up dropping ultis. I dont play games like PUBG so i cant speak for that, but yeh....

Let me know if you think this is a fair price. Thanks!

It's a starting price. I think you'll want to allow yourself to be talked down. You're only asking for $100 less than buying all those parts new. All those parts with full warranties factory sealed condition. Instead you are offering a marginal discount for a bunch of hardware that is just out of warranty. I think a more reasonable price would be around $350.

Franklin_4

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tacklemepanda/saved/#view=TrXPsY

This build is $800 if you bought everything new right now.
$700 for parts + $100 for OS.
It cost me 1200 when i built it (a year ago >.>)

I wouldnt sell this for $350 considering the cost of RAM and GPUs these days.

Also, im talking to people who build computers. I'd be selling to people who dont build computers. If someone bought a computer for 550 from bestbuy it wouldnt even touch this build in capabilities. do you disagree with that?

Franklin_4

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015

sorry mate i updated the post immediately after i made it but somehow those updates didnt get accepted. deleting thread

Your parts list includes 2 screens for almost 200$ combined.
Brings it down to around 500-550$.

And looking at those parts...
An old outdated Corsair CX is - if we're 'fair' - not a penny worth without guarantee.
Nobody would buy a GTX 950 when you're getting a 1050Ti for the same price.
A 970 board for almost 100$? This price is jacked even when buying from a store.

No doubt, you might find someone stupid enough to pay you 450+$ for this build.
But your thread wasn't about "what's a price some stupid idiot could be persuaded to pay for this". It asked what a "fair asking price" would be. 350$ is a realistic price, it's what this build is worth. If you're adding 2 screens, maybe 450$. As for how much you should as for it, that's up to you and how quick you want/need to turn it into cash.

Franklin_4

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015
I think i might pull the MoBo, GPU, CPU, and RAM and sell them on Ebay.
I'll reuse the CX600 cuz it has been very reliable to me, people who burnt those out are people who were OC-ing the FX and Phenom series to stupid numbers.
Also, the 970m board is the best MicroATX AM3+ board you can get. Capable of up to 64MB of 2400mhz RAM.
You can get a 1050ti for the same price as a 950? Thats interesting, must have something to do with cryptocurrency mining these days.
Oh and Isokolon, the fact that you just valued 2 screens at 100$, when one of them alone is worth more than that is just insulting. You are cheap haha.

ANYWAY, Im looking to sell this to a friend, and i dont want to rip him off, but im not gonna sell myself a couple hundred dollars short either. I updated my pcpartpickers list to be as accurate as possible. It still doesnt include the cost of the headset or keyboard, but they cost me $50 combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.