r5 1600 or 8600k?

badbunny01

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
hi guys, im about to change my old core 2 quad build. so i decided to make up a ryzen 5 build, but now we are about to reach coffee lake launch, and im a lil bit confused.
I will be using this PC for gaming only, i dont create content, i dont stream, im not an architect , its just for gaming...

should i wait for the new intel generation or should i stick to the ryzen 5 1600?

Solution
I'll echo what elbert said by saying I too expect most of the Ryzen lineup to drop by $25-50 on or shortly after Coffee Lake's launch. Without significant price adjustments, Ryzen might become a difficult recommendation against Coffee Lake i3/5/7.
I expect AMD to price the Ryzen 7 1700 equal to the 8600k on the 4th. Ryzen 1600 may drop by over $20 as well. Clearly a 6 core coffee lake will outperform the 1600 even overclocked. Due to that maybe wait for launch then take which looks to be more worth the price. Know also the i3-8350k for $168 should equal the i5-7600k.

InvalidError

Titan
I'll echo what elbert said by saying I too expect most of the Ryzen lineup to drop by $25-50 on or shortly after Coffee Lake's launch. Without significant price adjustments, Ryzen might become a difficult recommendation against Coffee Lake i3/5/7.

Solution