ASUS Maximus X Hero price?

Solution
They finally posted the prices. Took a while to find this board on newegg. Finally saw they updated with links on their edge up page. $260 us for non WiFi, $280 us with WiFi.

http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/z370-motherboard-guide-coffee-lake/

https://m.newegg.com/products/13-119-032

Just need to wait for the 8700k to be in stock. Though I am upgrading from an i7 920, so my patience is pretty low. Lol
I would expect so, though are you planning to upgrade from an i7-7700K? To what, an i7-8700K?

Obviously that will help with some games since you have SLI GTX1080, though I'd be curious to know how MUCH it actually benefits.

If that's your plan I would also WAIT for a few months for:

a) motherboard review to come in with sufficient TIME to see what motherboards are solid and which ones have issues, and

b) BIOS updates

To minimize bottleneck you need:
a) i7-8700K, and

b) 2x16 (PCIe v3) - motherboard must support this for both cards.

If you drop to x8 per card you can lose a lot of performance. I saw some benchmarks for 2x(Titan X Maxwell) showing for example 120FPS vs 100FPS, and 68FPS vs 89FPS in different scenarios. Only difference was 2x8 vs 2x16.

Fixadent

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

The 8700K doesn't support 32 PCIe lanes for graphics cards. You need to get the i7 extreme edition for the extra PCI lanes.

Biga101011

Prominent
They finally posted the prices. Took a while to find this board on newegg. Finally saw they updated with links on their edge up page. $260 us for non WiFi, $280 us with WiFi.

http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/z370-motherboard-guide-coffee-lake/

https://m.newegg.com/products/13-119-032

Just need to wait for the 8700k to be in stock. Though I am upgrading from an i7 920, so my patience is pretty low. Lol

Solution

Fixadent

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

Thanks! Is the non-wifi version available on newegg?

Biga101011

Prominent
Posted to the old thread accidentally.

I can only find the WiFi version at the moment. Also I can only find that on new egg. Seems odd to me since every other board seems available. Hopefully it gets updated soon.