750 ti + Core2 Duo 6600

matthewgough47

Reputable
Oct 9, 2017
Hey everyone, the other day I bought a second hand 750 ti for 30€, tested it in my main PC and works perfectly.

So now I have a 750 ti that I can't really use, and I also have an old Core2 Duo e6600 and 5gb of DDR2 Ram without a motherboard.

Is it worth getting an LGA 775 mobo or would it be to much of a bottleneck?

Thanks.

Solution
probably not too bad. the cpu would be a bigger problem than the gpu for sure. if the mobo is cheap enough and you're looking to play around some, it could be worth it to you.

as a main gaming rig?? not a chance. but would handle other tasks easy enough.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
probably not too bad. the cpu would be a bigger problem than the gpu for sure. if the mobo is cheap enough and you're looking to play around some, it could be worth it to you.

as a main gaming rig?? not a chance. but would handle other tasks easy enough.

Solution

matthewgough47

Reputable
Oct 9, 2017
It would just be a secondary PC, I'm aware the CPU would bottleneck the GPU by about 20% for what I've seen online. I've also seen the e6600 is pretty good for overclocking with a good mobo and cooler, I would have to be carefull as I have never overclocked a CPU before.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
sounds like a fun time then. i have a q6600 running an r9-270 which is just a touch better than a 750ti and it actually games rather well on lower settings.

not sure how much worse the e6600 is but with an oc it could be fun to tinker with.

matthewgough47

Reputable
Oct 9, 2017
Hi again, just picked up an lga 775 mobo, with 2GB of DDR2 and a Pentium e6700 @3.2 GHz. This pentium seems better than the Dúo 6600, do you agree? Also came with a good 500w power supply, all for just 30eur