Please Help !!! Rx 460 can't play direct x9 games ?

sawhneysumeet15

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
I bought msi radeon RX 460 And I install it on my motherboard install driver for RX 460 from the CD (comes with box). I install dishonored , whenever I click on icon of dishonored the game crashs and my monitor become black and sometimes weird sound came from headphone. I don't know what to do please help. Is it because of my graphic card support direct x12 ? Or its because of driver I installed from CD ? Or windows 7 64 bit issue ?
I played dishonored a month ago on my PC with windows 7 32 bit with Intel gpu. Where is the problem please help me guys !!!
My specs
Windows 7 64 bit
4gb ram ( 4.80 usable )
MSI radeon RX 460 of edition 2gb
i3 540 3.07 ghz
Thanks in advance

Solution
Download and install the latest Catalyst drivers for the card from the AMD's site; the drivers provided on the CD can be very old and sometimes even incompatible with latest games.

The fact that your card supports DX12 should not scare you - it is also backwards compatible, so it also supports DX11, DX10 and DX9.
Download and install the latest Catalyst drivers for the card from the AMD's site; the drivers provided on the CD can be very old and sometimes even incompatible with latest games.

The fact that your card supports DX12 should not scare you - it is also backwards compatible, so it also supports DX11, DX10 and DX9.

Solution