800 maybe 900 budget gaming pc

zekisert2014

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Hello,
I am planning on building a pc for a budget of 800-900 USD. My friend made me one on pcpartpicker but I am not an expert and am not sure if there are some better alternatives for some parts. I want to have an intel+Nvidia build, no amd.

Link to PcPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LbyGpb

Thanks

Solution
It seems fairly good to me, though if you wanted to put some of your frequently played games on the SSD, and not just the OS and applications, going with a ~250GB SSD might be better. To free up some money for that, you could probably pass on one of the 4GB sticks of RAM for the time being to stick with 8GB, since the price of RAM has risen significantly this year and the majority of games won't benefit much from going over 8GB yet anyway. Then you could upgrade to more ram later, perhaps 16GB total, once more games are actually using it and the price has come back down.

It might also be worth paying slightly more for a GTX 1060 with two fans, since they can potentially cool the card quieter and more effectively. And $46 worth of...
It seems fairly good to me, though if you wanted to put some of your frequently played games on the SSD, and not just the OS and applications, going with a ~250GB SSD might be better. To free up some money for that, you could probably pass on one of the 4GB sticks of RAM for the time being to stick with 8GB, since the price of RAM has risen significantly this year and the majority of games won't benefit much from going over 8GB yet anyway. Then you could upgrade to more ram later, perhaps 16GB total, once more games are actually using it and the price has come back down.

It might also be worth paying slightly more for a GTX 1060 with two fans, since they can potentially cool the card quieter and more effectively. And $46 worth of light strips in this build range might be overkill unless there's something specific planned for them. : P

Solution