HP 6305 SFF - Best GPU

pecony_

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Hello peeps, I am 2 weeks into search for fitting GPU to fill the slot of PCIE2.0 slot on my new bargain bought SFF PC. I've sourced some used RAM's, my dead laptops' SSD (ssd is alive don't worry) is there, only thing left is GPU.
The worry is 240W PSU being the biggest constraint and space obviously (refer to pic: http://izotservice.com/userfiles/productlargeimages/product_2609.jpg)
I budgeted myself around maximum of ~90 euros, I honestly don't bother if its new or used, basically going low budget on this one.
So far my search yielded me with 2 options:
1. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137148
Radeon RX 550
2. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487358
GeForce GT 1030

From the get-go Radeon is better I see, but I wonder if I am paying extra for performance
Will they fit? Will they get sufficiently powered?
Would SFF cards fit seeing the space? I would've tested this myself but I don't have SFF cards at my disposal.

And finally the goal of the PC( for those that might ask):
All arounder.
Light gaming (F2P or Online Games mostly), movies via HDMI on the TV, cappable machine of using it for data science tasks when the need arrives (sql db, python/r, tableau, spss, matlab), move the housing if moving to summer residence without resorting to work on laptops (honestly I loathe them)

PS. Any hackfixes on budget, I tried to find a way to rotate heatsink and to put current fan and or some budget one, to remove plastic "tunnel" and relieve some space, anything like that I am open to.
Cheers

Aye, is swapping to Athlon X4 A75 socket type CPU's worth it.
750K is best for the slot and there is one on the ads for 30 euro used. Would I really be pushing the constraint of my PSU?

Solution
Well tried my luck with 1050 GTX LP by MSI, and it works without a problem. Cashed out 130, a bit over budget but it was worth it, if issue arises. I'll update this for further notice.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You can easily get away with using the GT 1030 (although the fanless design might make the case too hot). The FR-550 would be pushing it a bit.

Can't say on the processor w/o knowing the board you have. Best to locate the PC's manuafctirer's site and check the CPU support list.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Go here and read step one on how to locate the compatible CPUs for the PC. While the Athlon X4 750K should work on that board, it will depend on whether or not HP has provided the necessary BIOS support/update for it to be recognized.

The 240W PSU is fine for the GT 1030. I have a L-P GTX 1050 Ti running on my Optiplex 790's 240W Dell PSU. (+12V rail @ 17a. Do you have the desktop or mini tower PC?

pecony_

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017

Yeah I know I've did my homework, its around 28 euros on used market here, not a bad price. Just wanted to make sure it works.
Its a desktop PC a type used by businesses, got one for bargain price, I've provided right pictures for it in previous posts, including HP link in the reply.

pecony_

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Well tried my luck with 1050 GTX LP by MSI, and it works without a problem. Cashed out 130, a bit over budget but it was worth it, if issue arises. I'll update this for further notice.

Solution