FX-6300 @4,1 ghz stable?

shakko81

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
In a world of Ryzens and Intel's expectations I'm just chillin a bit with my old cpu.

my rig is:
ASRock 970DE3/U3S3
FX 6300
Hyper 212X
Corsair CX550M
Sapphire Radeon RX560 pulse 2gb
RAM 8gb DDR3 SDRAM 1600

GO9XEn.png

I just put some copper heatsink on my poor VRM 's and a fan 80mm blowing over them (intake) since I know that mobo is not intended for oc.

Do you I think I could push a bit more?
The main problem is VRM's voltage drops,
I think temps are ok but the vrm simply are not able to push the required power due to the poor chip technology I'm right? (4+1 phase power)
To achieve the 4,1 ghz on IBT i need a vcore of 1,45.
Finally I also tried to use AMD overdrive to test stability, is a good tool to test it or it's just good to check temps?

Solution
No chips are the same, only you can tell if you can push more by trying. Ones FX 6300 may run stable @ 4.3Ghz while another will not go higher than 4Ghz.
With that said you are right that only 4+1 power phases are good for high overclocking. To test stability i will recommend Prime95 instead and let it run for 12 hour. There is something about you should not get the newest version due to AVX instruction, don't remember which version to get so maybe someone else can tell that?
No chips are the same, only you can tell if you can push more by trying. Ones FX 6300 may run stable @ 4.3Ghz while another will not go higher than 4Ghz.
With that said you are right that only 4+1 power phases are good for high overclocking. To test stability i will recommend Prime95 instead and let it run for 12 hour. There is something about you should not get the newest version due to AVX instruction, don't remember which version to get so maybe someone else can tell that?

Solution