Solved

Found a power supply need to know if its good

Hello guys today i was looking around in my local computer shop for a power supply and i gaze my eyes on this paticular power supply

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817374014

its called IRP-COMM1200w something like that but it had a gold rating
i want to ask should i buy this? for my gtx970? do you guys think its good enough to handle it? if so please let me know thanks
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about found power supply good
  1. 970 is 150W TDP, how many 970's are you SLIing? Why will you need a 1200W PSU... Any 400+ good quality psu can handle your rig with one 970...
  2. bookie47 said:
    Hello guys today i was looking around in my local computer shop for a power supply and i gaze my eyes on this paticular power supply

    https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817374014

    its called IRP-COMM1200w something like that but it had a gold rating
    i want to ask should i buy this? for my gtx970? do you guys think its good enough to handle it? if so please let me know thanks


    If you are going to spend that much on something you really don't need.

    Any top tier 550W though 750W PSU would be plenty.
  3. the shop owner was selling it at a very cheap price so thats why im asking if its good i might do a SLI and perhaps buy another gtx970 i just want to know if its good tho and if i should buy it offcourse i wont go hardcore with it
  4. bookie47 said:
    the shop owner was selling it at a very cheap price so thats why im asking if its good i might do a SLI and perhaps buy another gtx970 i just want to know if its good tho and if i should buy it offcourse i wont go hardcore with it


    They are OK.

    Not all that great however, and you would never need that much power with that system.

    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=130

    But you don't need it even for SLI.

    A good 750w PSU is all you would need for SLI.
  5. i know but the others were very expensive and i thought this might be a very good deal
    So should i buy it will it be ok?
  6. how much is it? And which country?
  7. bookie47 said:
    i know but the others were very expensive and i thought this might be a very good deal
    So should i buy it will it be ok?


    Is it it free?

    And NEW?

    How much?

    There aren't really any deals.... Without a catch that is...
  8. about 150 turkish lira which is about 40 US dollars it is used tho but the shop owner has gave me a ganrantee as well he also said if u want to test it u can do that as well i know that i should not cheap out on psu but i thought this might work out since i am just a student atm and i dont have much money left the others go twice as much as this one this going so thats why i was asking if i should buy it or not
  9. Try to find Corsair CX450M, grey labeled and report how much. Used psu for that price, fishy.
  10. Yeah, that's a $240 PSU new.

    Fishy for sure.
  11. the well known brand such as seasonic,evga,corsair etc goes for twice as much even used ones they go up to 350 to 500 liras for used and way too much for the new ones he said he had used it and had no probelms with it he first asked for 200 liras i did some bargain and he said the last he would do would be 150 liras i thought this might be a good deal what do you guys think should i buy it or leave it?
  12. Best answer
    save some money and get new good ones...
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computers