how i3 2100 + gt 1030 combination perform in games ?

nuwandhammika

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
MoBo- DH61WW
processor- core i3 2100
ram - 8 gb
VGA - GT 1030
*monitor resolution 1366 x 768
(graphic card is connected to monitor via HDMI to VGA and it also connected to PCIe 2.0 x 16 port.
How my components will perform on,
GTA V , Battlefield 1 , Assassin's creed unity , Witcher 3 @ medium graphic settings.

I think Hdmi to Vga converter and PCIe 2.0x16 slot will reduce my graphic card performance. So,
What may be average FPS will those games in mentioned settings ?

Solution
Those are all cpu heavy games and with those 2 cores, it might struggle to render playable framerates. The monitor resolution has little bearing here because on cpu heavy games, the processor is taxed more than the card. You might still get some reasonable fps @ low to medium settings, but whether that will be 60fps or above is debatable.
Those are all cpu heavy games and with those 2 cores, it might struggle to render playable framerates. The monitor resolution has little bearing here because on cpu heavy games, the processor is taxed more than the card. You might still get some reasonable fps @ low to medium settings, but whether that will be 60fps or above is debatable.

Solution

Pretty low resolution so he might get by with lower settings depending.

But he really needs an I5 for AAA games.

And a GTX 1050 or something if he gets a new monitor later.

I have a i5-650 in a machine along with a 750ti. And considering i can still play games like Doom2016, Far Cry 4 and Sniper Elite 4 which are pretty recent games on medium settings @900p, although these are not cpu heavy games, games like gta5 and witcher3 can still be manageable at lower settings.

Yeah, like I said an i5 is really needed.

1366x768 is pretty low resolution so he may get by for now....

If he gets a new monitor later like a 1080P his machine will die with that setup. LOL

Actually my point is, that 1st gen. i5 is equal to that 2nd gen. i3. The 1st gen. i5 came with 2 cores not 4. They bumped it up with 2 additional cores from the 2nd gen... http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-650-vs-Intel-Core-i3-2100/m340vsm41

I had an I5 750 (Lynnfield) and upgraded that to an I7 870, still have that machine (With a RX 480).

I know the Clarkdale's were 2 core.