Will a GT 745 work on my Optiplex 755 SFF

D3sume

Reputable
Mar 13, 2017
So apparently i can't find a GT 730 but a GT 745 instead will it work on my Optiplex 755 SFF will it fit and work? I know the cpu will bottleneck it but im gonna upgrade it soon. THANKS!

Solution

I think you've made a mistake. I have it and i know DDR5 draws only up to 25 W. It's DDR3 and specifically the 128-bit Memory Interface Width model which draws 50 W. Click here.

@D3sume
I will recommend you to get a GT 1030, which is miles ahead of GT 730 and is better than the GTX 745 as well, and is on par with the GTX 750. Not only it fits in your PC, but takes maximum 30 W which makes it the best performance card for built machines with a power supply as small as 250 W.

There are two reasons why you can not upgrade to GTX 745
(1) It does not come in low profile so it will not fit in your Small Form Factor...

Sagar_20

Distinguished

I think you've made a mistake. I have it and i know DDR5 draws only up to 25 W. It's DDR3 and specifically the 128-bit Memory Interface Width model which draws 50 W. Click here.

@D3sume
I will recommend you to get a GT 1030, which is miles ahead of GT 730 and is better than the GTX 745 as well, and is on par with the GTX 750. Not only it fits in your PC, but takes maximum 30 W which makes it the best performance card for built machines with a power supply as small as 250 W.

There are two reasons why you can not upgrade to GTX 745
(1) It does not come in low profile so it will not fit in your Small Form Factor desktop.
(2) Even if it would fit, your computer would not be able to provide 55 W so it would not run at its max potential.

Well, may be, If the rest components inside your PC does not have a High power consumption, particularly the CPU. If you have a Core i5 or i7, do not even think of using a GTX 745, 750 or the 750 Ti.

Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Your correct I misread the chart , my apologies.

D3sume

Reputable
Mar 13, 2017

sorry for the late reply, but i saw in another forum that the GT 1030 was UEFI and said it won't be compatible with Legacy mobo, but since you have owned that is enough proof for me :D. thanks!

Disregard my last statement i did not look at the site and it is a Gigabyte card