i7-7700 vs i7-7700k

bonnell208

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
I am an older gentleman and use my computer for banking and web browsing and online shopping will I see a noticeable difference with the k model? It is all somewhat confusing

Solution
No, you won't. In fact, unless you are gaming at a fairly high level, or running professional applications, it's doubtful you'll see an appreciable difference with anything higher than an i3, or if you use a great many browser tabs simultaneously with a few common applications, perhaps an i5. If you mostly use the web then an i3 is probably, almost certainly, more than enough.
No, you won't. In fact, unless you are gaming at a fairly high level, or running professional applications, it's doubtful you'll see an appreciable difference with anything higher than an i3, or if you use a great many browser tabs simultaneously with a few common applications, perhaps an i5. If you mostly use the web then an i3 is probably, almost certainly, more than enough.

Solution
No you will not see a noticeable difference. The K series is for enthusiasts who overclock and push their systems to their limits in benchmarks, gaming, video editing, file compression, etc. The 7700 (non K) is more than enough for web browsing and other software.

Right, which means the 7700 is also more than enough.