No internet lenovo T400

loxy061

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015
Ok so i have this lenovo T400 thinkpad, i have win 7 on it but for some reason there are no network adapters, i installed every driver that was on lenovos site for Ethernet and wifi but it still says "no supported wireless adapters (802.11. WAN or Bluetooth) are installed in system." and when i plug in Ethernet cabel nothing happens. So if anyone knows what could be the problem please help...

Solution
I have a T410. If you have tried every driver download possible and nothing is found, then to me it sounds like your network adapter chip is failing. I've only experienced a similar issue with my HP Pavilion G7 that originally had Windows 7 and I upgraded it to the "free" Windows 10 last year. Suddenly my WiFi network adapter stopped working. After searching forums, I found out that the wireless chip on my laptop was not supported by Windows 10. Very smart, HP.

In any event, you should at least have basic network driver support through Windows 7 being wired through the ethernet. If that doesn't work, then you likely have a hardware failure.
I have a T410. If you have tried every driver download possible and nothing is found, then to me it sounds like your network adapter chip is failing. I've only experienced a similar issue with my HP Pavilion G7 that originally had Windows 7 and I upgraded it to the "free" Windows 10 last year. Suddenly my WiFi network adapter stopped working. After searching forums, I found out that the wireless chip on my laptop was not supported by Windows 10. Very smart, HP.

In any event, you should at least have basic network driver support through Windows 7 being wired through the ethernet. If that doesn't work, then you likely have a hardware failure.

Solution