My RX 560 seems to be underperforming.

ShadowTrolll

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
Hello. I bought a new graphics card a few months ago with the goal of having 60 FPS on Tom Clancy´s Rainbow six siege. I tried playing on my fathers´s PC to test if his card can handle it. As it turned out it could do 60 FPS High details 1080p, so we searched for a similiar / better one. The RX 560 looked like a good option so we bought it. I was happy i can run Siege on 60 FPS on Medium to low details on 1080p. But now i was playing on his PC because on mine i was installing Battlefield 1 and i looked at the settings and realized that he has Almost everything on High and has constant 60FPS so i started writing this post to get some help.
My PC:
i5-2000
RX 560
8 GB ram (2*4)
Fathers PC:
---Dont have access to RN, will post within 24 hours if needed---

Thanks for help.

ShadowTrolll

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
Ok so, what do you mean by "If the VGA card performs nicely in your fathers PC, but not in your PC" ? He has a different card than i do, i said that. And i checked for bottleneck before posting bere, i found my i5-2000 there so yeah, it exists?? And i had only 6% bottleneck.

The RX 560 is an entry level card. It will do 60fps at 1080p high settings with less demanding games. If you play Battlefield 1 on it at 1080p it will not do 60fps average at high settings.

You have a Sandy Bridge i5, but we don't know which one since there is no i5 2000. With a more powerful card, like an RX 570 or 580 or Nvidia 1060 you should be able to get 60fps average on many top games.

It's hard to help you because your information is vague "we searched for a similiar / better one" makes me wonder, better than what? You never say what the other card was. You are comparing your performance to your father's computer but have no information on that computer. How can you make a comparison that is valid? A better computer will run the game better, no mystery there.

ShadowTrolll

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

When we were buying the RX 560 we were comparing it to fathers card and it was better in 99% of attributes. It was jsut a tiny differences but it definitly wasnt worse as youre saying. And i want 60 FPS on Rainbow Six siege , thats the game i was talking about with the High settings 60 FPS 1080p, not Battefield 1. As of my processor, i have Quadcore 3.1 Ghz if it helps. Also i will post fathers PC specs within next 4 hours. Also i was comparing it to his card because i remember we did that, i just am not at home for next 2 hours , thats why i dont have exact specs RN.

You have a i5 2400 then which isnt bad for a 6 year old cpu but will show weaknesses on cpu intensive titles

If you get 60fps at medium on siege Id consider that about right.

Bf1 (multiplayer) expect drops into the 40's irregardless of gpu or graphics settings , that'll be a cpu weakness there.

ShadowTrolll

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

Ok so, my father has :
FX(tm)-4300
AMD R7 200 series (probably 260X)

And heres my computer analysis:
https://pastebin.com/cTfRTRZB

I would appreciate some kind of final verdict on what should i do :) Thanks

ShadowTrolll

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

Also, i just realized i have this "Radeon settings" thingy that seems to control my card. I didnt setup it like at all, only think i did is target FPS : 60 (translating form my language, really hard) So maybe its that ? Would ne glad for help with this thing :)

The RX 460 and 560 aren't that much faster than a 260X. I was just using Battlefield 1 as an example of a demanding game, it's the same for any demanding game including the Rainbow Six game. This level of card is entry level, not designed for solid 60fps 1080p high settings on the demanding games. You'll need to experiment with turning some settings down in order to raise the framerate. Which settings need to be turned down depends on the game.

ShadowTrolll

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

You see, "They are not that much faster" but they are at the same or a bit better level and thats my point , why does father have 60 FPS high settings 1080p with card with almost the same parameters and i have hardly 60 FPS 1080 Medium settings. Thats my point pretty much the whole time. I would like to understand why is this happening.