95-100 C degrees on intel i3 4150 at rest?? and low fps cs:go with gtx 1050ti

zpirit

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
I have a new build that I bought from someone and I just realised the CPU (intel i3 4150) is at around 70 and sometimes 100 degrees C, while I'm just doing normal comuper stuff, not even gaming. is it normal? I also have fps drop in cs go, like at the start around 70fps and sometimes in the game it drops to 30-20fps even when I'm with bots. I have also a gtx 1050ti and 8gb or ram ddr3. here is a benchmark test of my PC http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6041835
thanks.

Solution
No, this is not normal. Something is wrong with your cooling or it is not hooked up right. I would not use the computer till you get the cooling fixed or you could damage your CPU.

Check to see if your pump is working (you should be able to hear it) and fans are spinning on the radiator.

Did you use thermal paste on the cooler and IHS? Is the cooler properly seated on the IHS?

Considering you have an i3, I would probably just install an Intel stock cooler. It is very easy and you don't need water cooling.
No, this is not normal. Something is wrong with your cooling or it is not hooked up right. I would not use the computer till you get the cooling fixed or you could damage your CPU.

Check to see if your pump is working (you should be able to hear it) and fans are spinning on the radiator.

Did you use thermal paste on the cooler and IHS? Is the cooler properly seated on the IHS?

Considering you have an i3, I would probably just install an Intel stock cooler. It is very easy and you don't need water cooling.

Solution

zpirit

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Have you checked that the water cooler is working right?[/quotemsg]

Yes it is working right, is 90-100 degrees dangerous for the pc? Should I let it off until I find a solution?

Yes it is working right, is 90-100 degrees dangerous for the pc? Should I let it off until I find a solution? [/quotemsg]

Yes, above 90C your CPU will start to thermal throttle. It will start to shut itself down to prevent damage. Your cooling is either not working or not installed properly.

Make sure thermal paste is applied, heatsink properly seated, and AIO cooler fan headers are properly connected to the motherboard.

Yes it is working right, is 90-100 degrees dangerous for the pc? Should I let it off until I find a solution? [/quotemsg]If it gets that hot, then the pump is failing. You should really should replace the cooler; the stock cooler is much better than a failing liquid cooler.