i7-4770 vs i5-7600 Gaming

Solution
Both are 4-core locked models (they can't be overclocked). The i5 is a newer model so it should be faster clock for clock vs the i7 which belongs to an older generation. The i7 has hyper threading which means it is a 4-core CPU that can process 2 threads per core so the OS will see it as an 4-core/8-thread CPU. It's essentially a virtual 8-core CPU, not a real one. The i5 doesn't have that luxury and the OS will see only 4 cores/threads. So if a game is able to use more than 4 cores (threads) the i7 should be faster if not the i5 will get ahead.

Finally you should also know that those two CPUs need completely different motherboards. The i5 is based on a newer platform so the motherboards that support it have more modern features, thus...
Both are 4-core locked models (they can't be overclocked). The i5 is a newer model so it should be faster clock for clock vs the i7 which belongs to an older generation. The i7 has hyper threading which means it is a 4-core CPU that can process 2 threads per core so the OS will see it as an 4-core/8-thread CPU. It's essentially a virtual 8-core CPU, not a real one. The i5 doesn't have that luxury and the OS will see only 4 cores/threads. So if a game is able to use more than 4 cores (threads) the i7 should be faster if not the i5 will get ahead.

Finally you should also know that those two CPUs need completely different motherboards. The i5 is based on a newer platform so the motherboards that support it have more modern features, thus being a lot more future proof. That is an important consideration in my mind.

Solution