RX 580 + R 5 1600 upgrade problems

highttyler

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
I recently upgraded a friend’s gaming PC for him, but unfortunately he told me that his PC’s performance is suffering and is worse than before the upgrade. I can’t figure out why. I know the basics about upgrading and building PC’s and have done quite a bit more research into them than he which is why he chose me to do it, though I’m still not experienced at all since his PC is the first that I’ve upgraded. I told him to download the drivers for the GPU, CPU and motherboard but he said that his computer’s performance is still very poor even after downloading them. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YGjRLD

Parts that were replaced:

Intel Pentium G3258

GTX 750 Ti

H81M-A

2x4 GB RAM

Solution
I notice there's no mention of the boot drive being replaced, which leads me to believe the old boot drive was installed to (essentially) a new PC without a fresh installation of Windows leading to driver problems. In such a scenario, a fresh installation of Windows is recommended.

That's my assumption anyway.
I notice there's no mention of the boot drive being replaced, which leads me to believe the old boot drive was installed to (essentially) a new PC without a fresh installation of Windows leading to driver problems. In such a scenario, a fresh installation of Windows is recommended.

That's my assumption anyway.

Solution

highttyler

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

Sorry for responding so late, but would a Windows reset do the job?