Solved

Cpu temp to high

How to lower my cpu temp? Idle its around 55 and when in game around 77 :o
cpu: amd phenom ii x4 955 be
i use amd stock cooler and cooler master e1 thermal paste
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu temp high
  1. Try using less thermal paste. To much = high temps.

    Add a case fan.

    Run the computer with the sides of the case on, lowers temps if your airflow is correct.
  2. Do u think buying a hyper 212 evo fix the high temps?
    I litteraly begin to sweat because the temperature of my pc
  3. jelbertbr said:
    Do u think buying a hyper 212 evo fix the high temps?
    I litteraly begin to sweat because the temperature of my pc


    What changed to cause your CPU to jump up in temperatures?

    Is the PC just very dirty? Are the temperatures very high where the PC is located?
  4. bjornl said:
    jelbertbr said:
    Do u think buying a hyper 212 evo fix the high temps?
    I litteraly begin to sweat because the temperature of my pc


    What changed to cause your CPU to jump up in temperatures?

    Is the PC just very dirty? Are the temperatures very high where the PC is located?


    i changed my cpu from amd athlon ii x2 260 to a amd phenom ii x4 955 be. i still use the old stock cooler i think thats the problem, i also tried reapplying the thermal paste, but no difference.
  5. Best answer
    jelbertbr said:
    bjornl said:
    jelbertbr said:
    Do u think buying a hyper 212 evo fix the high temps?
    I litteraly begin to sweat because the temperature of my pc


    What changed to cause your CPU to jump up in temperatures?

    Is the PC just very dirty? Are the temperatures very high where the PC is located?


    i changed my cpu from amd athlon ii x2 260 to a amd phenom ii x4 955 be. i still use the old stock cooler i think thats the problem, i also tried reapplying the thermal paste, but no difference.

    That is almost certainly the problem. The new CPU puts out a lot more heat and so needs a better cooler than the one that was barely good enough for the x2 260.
  6. bjornl said:
    Try using less thermal paste. To much = high temps.

    Add a case fan.

    Run the computer with the sides of the case on, lowers temps if your airflow is correct.


    I think adding too much thermal paste doesnt have effect (except ruining your cpu by spilling thermal paste into socket), just adding too less would have effect.
  7. Robert Ban said:
    bjornl said:
    Try using less thermal paste. To much = high temps.

    Add a case fan.

    Run the computer with the sides of the case on, lowers temps if your airflow is correct.


    I think adding too much thermal paste doesnt have effect (except ruining your cpu by spilling thermal paste into socket), just adding too less would have effect.


    You can think what you like, but on this topic you are wrong.
    Don't take my word for it test it and be amazed.
  8. Get a better cooler. My old Phenom was not the coolest running chip I can tell you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games CPUs AMD