RX 550 With 200W PSU?

saalimssf

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Hi. I want to invest in a graphics card. However, i only have a 200W OEM PSU as i use a prebuilt PC. The TDP of the prebuilt is 135W (this info is from making a PCPartpicker list based off of my PC). I was thinking of a GT 1030 until i saw the TomsHardware review for the 550, in which they said that it rarely consumes over 44W during heavy gaming. So i was wondering if i could perhaps fit a 550 in there. If not, can someone please reccomend me what GPU to use? I want to play games like Fortnite and CS:GO @1080p at medium to high settings and want to maintain above 40FPS.

Solution
Would need to know the amps of your +12V rail, which ought to be written on the PSU in a chart. Most likely your 200W OEM PSU only has somewhere around 150W available on the +12V rail, which eliminates pretty much any GPU from consideration without a PSU upgrade.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Would need to know the amps of your +12V rail, which ought to be written on the PSU in a chart. Most likely your 200W OEM PSU only has somewhere around 150W available on the +12V rail, which eliminates pretty much any GPU from consideration without a PSU upgrade.

Solution