Is my 980 ti dead?

Nozen

Reputable
May 24, 2015
My PC crashed twice while playing Warframe in the early stages of the game. The screen would go black and fans kicked up to 100%. I had to manually reboot it several times before booting into windows. Afterwards I updated the drivers to 388.71 with DDU - and then it crashed again in the "Hub" menu. Black screen again, fan kicked up to 100%, however this time it doesn't boot at all with the GPU. I most likely concluded its dead but not sure why.

Troubleshooting: I tested RAM in multiple configurations, single stick in each slot. Moved the GPU to the other pci lane. Using remote desktop I was able to boot without the GPU and used DDU and still no luck. The PC doesn't boot into desktop or BIOS as far as I can tell when the GPU is plugged in.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
How long have you had the 980 ti in your system? If it was working fine for a good while before this happened it is possible there is an issue with the GPU, that or a power issue. If you have another power supply I would try using it and see if it will boot with the gpu. Or if you have another system try booting with the gpu installed in that system.

Nozen

Reputable
May 24, 2015

I actually bought it second hand around August. It was working fine with other games - especially my modded Fallout 4. I have another system and I'll try it out in that one and update if it works or not

Nozen

Reputable
May 24, 2015

Tried booting it in another system and it has no signal just like in my system. Safe to say that its dead?