Can I use 100% Isopropyl alcohol?

dieter_lange

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
Im wanting to do i cooler swap from the stock intel cooler to the H7 Quad Lumi and was wondering if it is safe to use 100% isopropyl alcohol since most people say you should use 99% isopropyl alcohol. Also can I use 100% isopropyl alcohol to clean my desktop monitor with a micro fibre cloth.

Solution
Yes, anything over 70% works quite well and drys quickly for the CPU.

Best to use a monitor cleaning solution on cotton rag for the monitor if you don't have eyeglass or monitor cleaning cloths.

Just don't use so much that it runs down into the frame. Best to avoid stuff like Windex though since it can remove some types of anti-glare material. It is highly material dependent.

If you want to try the alcohol do a very small area down in a lower corner to insure that it does not damage any anti-glare material. If the screen has a glass cover then pretty much anything is okay.

RealBeast

Titan
Yes, anything over 70% works quite well and drys quickly for the CPU.

Best to use a monitor cleaning solution on cotton rag for the monitor if you don't have eyeglass or monitor cleaning cloths.

Just don't use so much that it runs down into the frame. Best to avoid stuff like Windex though since it can remove some types of anti-glare material. It is highly material dependent.

If you want to try the alcohol do a very small area down in a lower corner to insure that it does not damage any anti-glare material. If the screen has a glass cover then pretty much anything is okay.

Solution

natestavron

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
You can use the 100% on the thermal goop removal, the monitor will be fine unless you get it inside of the monitor(which has just as likely chance to happen with 99%)