Will a 1060 6GB run 4 1920x1080p monitors

dwcj895

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
Situation: Not streaming, not video editing, not video producing, what I will be doing is 1 vertical monitor on the left, 2 horizontal monitors in the middle, 1 last vertical monitor on the right.

There would only be a maximum of 2 monitors being pushed at a time, 1 for YouTube/Anime, 1 for Games, the other 2 are vertical monitors used for data, chat, chrome windows I always leave open, (Online Banking, Facebook Messenger, my Online Schedule Viewer for work on Right Vertical Monitor) I am planning for Open Hardware Monitor, Excel, Task Manager, and Calculator as a permanent spot on Left Vertical Monitor so I don't have to keep flipping between those and my current use case for the Right Vertical Monitor

The monitors I will be upgrading to are four of the Dell P2317H.

These monitors use Display Port/HDMI/VGA
VGA is going way of Dino (except for professional settings i.e. Servers, IT in Schools (projectors) etc.)
DP is hard to find a GPU with 4 of them.
HDMI is nonexistent for JUST 4 HDMIs on a GPU at the moment (looked on PCPartPicker)

And I had a Video Card in mind for a while, and I was trying to just look online for a video card that can fit realistic prices and the 1060 6GB I was looking at can do the job with 2 HDMIs and 2 DP ports for all 4 Dell Monitors being utilized, and.. *drumroll* the Video Card in question is..
Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6GB ROG Strix Edition.

Dell P2317H on Newegg

Solution
Yes it will. I run 4 monitors simultaneously on an older Asus Strix GPU (GTX 970), which has a DP, HDMI, DVI-D, and DVI-I output ports. Each of the output ports connect to the input ports on said monitors (1 via DP, 1 via HDMI, 1 via DVI-D, and 1 via DVI-I). Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/zw9WGX

The newer Asus GTX 1060 6GB ROG Strix GPU which has 5 output ports (HDMI, HDMI, DP, DP, and DVI-D) can support up to 4 monitors at the same time. You can use just the 2 HDMI and 2 DP output ports on the 4 Dell Monitors the way you have described (no need to use the VGA input of the Dell as it is purely analog/non-digital).
Yes it will. I run 4 monitors simultaneously on an older Asus Strix GPU (GTX 970), which has a DP, HDMI, DVI-D, and DVI-I output ports. Each of the output ports connect to the input ports on said monitors (1 via DP, 1 via HDMI, 1 via DVI-D, and 1 via DVI-I). Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/zw9WGX

The newer Asus GTX 1060 6GB ROG Strix GPU which has 5 output ports (HDMI, HDMI, DP, DP, and DVI-D) can support up to 4 monitors at the same time. You can use just the 2 HDMI and 2 DP output ports on the 4 Dell Monitors the way you have described (no need to use the VGA input of the Dell as it is purely analog/non-digital).

Solution

dwcj895

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017

Thank you, an it might be overly redundant to ask again, but just to be clear, would the 1060 6GB be able to push a YouTube video at 1080p60fps and also just playing a random other game (most intense on my CPU/GPU game I've played is SNOW you might call it awful optimization, or whatever, but it's free on Steam if you want to see what I mean.) at at least 30fps ideally 60fps on medium or whatever default it gives me for a preset?