4790 k overclock

threebills11

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2014
I was just wondering if i got a good chip,or decent or what have you.I Had my 4790k OC'D to 4.6 but havent had the comp working for a while being i ran into a bad mem stick problem.I OC'D it about 2 years ago,so forgot exactly what i had it at.I started at 1.27 vcore and 4.7 ghz,ran Aida 64 for about an hour and it was good,highest temps were about 90,i wanted to see if i could get away with less voltage and still have stability to reduce the heat a bit.I had it at 1.25 and aida after about a half hour said"Aida has experienced an error and has stopped working"It also did it when i upped it to 1.255 volts,i dont know if that had to do with the overclock? or was there something with the software?Anyways i have it at 1.26 volts and 4.7 ghz,ran for an hour and seems good,temps went as high as 82 cel,no more.Firstly is that a good overclock for the 4790k? Also when Aida stopped working,did that mean the overclock didnt have enough voltage? I mean i didnt bluescreen,comp was still working,aida just stopped the stress test.Thanks in advance.