Solved

My motherboard didn't come with standoffs for the cpu cooler

I am building a new pc and my motherboard didn't come with standoffs for my CPU cooler, so I can't screw it in. The cooler is a ryzen wraith cooler and my motherboard is a b350m gaming pro. What do I do?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard standoffs cpu cooler
  1. andrei.vernon said:
    I am building a new pc and my motherboard didn't come with standoffs for my CPU cooler, so I can't screw it in. The cooler is a ryzen wraith cooler and my motherboard is a b350m gaming pro. What do I do?


    You sure it just doesn't snap in? Which one are we talking about here?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMn-9V3WbCw

  2. Those screw into the backplate already attached to the AM4 motherboard. Just press down with a screwdriver to compress the spring a bit until the screw makes contact with the backplate. Tighten in a criss-cross pattern, a little at a time until all four a snug. No additional stand-offs are used.
  3. Same MB here, the screws come from Ryzen cooler and the MB has 4 holes along with the MB for you to screw in. Do you see the 4 screws near cpu?

  4. vapour said:
    Same MB here, the screws come from Ryzen cooler and the MB has 4 holes along with the MB for you to screw in. Do you see the 4 screws near cpu?



    For the OP, you remove the plastic brackets shown in this picture and then mount the heatsink as I mentioned earlier. Only the Wraith Max uses those brackets, the other 2 variants do not.
  5. My problem is that those standoffs the black brackets were screwed into didn't come with the motherboard. I got the brackets, but they weren't screwed in because there was nothing to screw them in. I am considering sending the mobo back and just getting a new one. I don't know what else to do.
  6. Best answer
    andrei.vernon said:
    My problem is that those standoffs the black brackets were screwed into didn't come with the motherboard. I got the brackets, but they weren't screwed in because there was nothing to screw them in. I am considering sending the mobo back and just getting a new one. I don't know what else to do.

    That is certainly not how it should have come. Those brackets are to be attached to a backplate. Sounds like yours ship without one. Return for a motherboard with the proper parts. Sounds like a used product, vice new.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling CPUs Motherboards