My 1080 is not repsonding when I play some games.

123bertwickham

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
When I launch a game like minecraft after awhile of playing (Like 3 min) my 1080 will just stop displaying. When I play other games like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds or Rainbow Six Siege it works fine. My psu has a 6pin connector and an 8pin connector and I bought a 6 to 8 pin adapter and Im wondering if its the adapter or my psu its just not strong enough to support the gpu. But if that was the case why does my gpu work fine in other games? If you could help me out it would be great. :) Also the fans go 100% and the sensors stop reading when i loose video.

Rig:

i7 7700k

EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW ( Has to 8-Pin Connectors)

PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133

Thermalake TR2 600W PSU Model: TR2-600NL2NC

Also I am not Over Clocking.

Solution
Getting a new higher quality PSU is a very good idea before you burn up either the PSU or the GPU or worse.

The TR2 is one of the worst PSU's on the market today.

Replace it ASAP.

would check the whole system
memtest
hard drives with its manifacturer´s tools
temperatures of GPU and CPU

But the 72% efficiency of your PSU is really bad, if you can, return it and get a good one for a similar price

you can try to exchange the two 8pin connectors which are now connected to your 1080.

123bertwickham

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I tried switching the pins and nothing happend, I think I’m going to try a new PSU but I’m not sure which one I should buy, can you recommend me a good one for a good price?