FX 9370 Crashing Sabertooth 990fx r1.0 Is it possible to underclock it?

burton.jon444

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
TL;DR - computer is crashing and wondering how to flash bios or underclock CPU without entering the bios.

So I bought this computer used and he said the power supply went but everything else works fine. Long story short he's a lying sack of shit. I've been doing a lot of research and found out the motherboard isn't fully compatible with the 9370. He said it was the r2.0 version buuuut it wasn't, of course. The computer will boot and show the bios splash screen and flash back and forth between it and the black screen that says "detecting drives" 3 times then crashes. Sometimes when I have the keyboard unplugged it'll make it to the screen where it says no keyboard detected and that I need to enter setup. But every time I attempt to enter bios the computer shuts down completely. The graphics card is a gtx 690 and I've tried multiple sticks of ram. And I bought a new power supply. So I am basically wondering if its possible to either down clock the 9370 to act like an 8350 or somehow flash the bios to make it work. The bios revision is something like 1604. Any help would be insanely helpful as I really need a computer. Thanks!

burton.jon444

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
Antec Kuhler 620. But I actually think I figured out the cause of my issue. I think the cooler is fried. When the comp is turned on the top of the cooler gets pretty warm but the radiator stays ice cool. And I don't hear the tubes doing anything. I've tried removing the cooler but it's stuck. One of the 4 screws comes out easily but the other 3 will not unscrew. Just keeps spinning and nothing happens.

1604 is the latest BIOS. The CPU isnt listed as a supported CPU on the ASUS site

But it is listed as a supported CPU for the revision 2 mobo

FX-9370(FD9370FHW8KHK, 4.4GHz, 8C, L3:8M, 220W,rev.C0,AM3+) ALL 1708

Due to the high TDP, please be noted there are limitations while using this CPU(i.e. special thermal required..)

So, if it's not the revision 2 mobo,then you cant use it on the mobo

It must be the revision 1 mobo, because the revision 2 mobo doesnt have BIOS 1604