FX 6300 bent pins question

BogomilBG

Reputable
May 28, 2015
Hello ! I am selling one of my old cpu's and while I was going to send it to a buyer i saw that like 2-3 pins are little bit bent not much a little bit. Will it work normal if they are bent a little bit. Sorry for my english:(

Solution
Provided they align to the correct holes on the CPU socket on a motherboard, and therefore can make contact with the contact points beneath, it'll work just fine.

It's impossible to say though, without seeing the CPU in question. Even pins that are marginally out of allignment, if not straightened out, have the potential to be bent more without due care & attention.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Provided they align to the correct holes on the CPU socket on a motherboard, and therefore can make contact with the contact points beneath, it'll work just fine.

It's impossible to say though, without seeing the CPU in question. Even pins that are marginally out of allignment, if not straightened out, have the potential to be bent more without due care & attention.

Solution

BogomilBG

Reputable
May 28, 2015

Gonna send it anyway I guess it should work cause they are not that much bent if they get in to the socket probably it will work just fine