1080 ti 8700k@4.8ghz=45fps in Destiny 2?

bricedavis46

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
I recently had the opportunity to play Destiny 2, I was almost 100% sure i would be able to play at a stable 144fps, which i did, for a few minutes at least, until my framerate dropped between 45-60, and stayed there until i restarted the game and/or even sometimes restarted my pc. I have also had this problem in another game, Battlefield 1. I checked my gpu and cpu usage, and it pretty much seemed like Destiny was forgetting that cpus even existed, as i was getting 10-15% usage, 5 of which would be discord, MSI Afterburner, Faceit, and the Blizzard Launcher. Ill leave my specs in an attempt for accurate answers.

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz

1080 ti 150Mhz OC on the core, and 150Mhz on the Memory

3000Mhz DDR4

Mini-itx Gigabyte z370

Solution
so did you at least enable your XMP profile? im assuming you havent done any overclock. and thats your CPU at max turbo 4.8 or did you OC to sync all cores to 4.8?
you can check if your OS power plan is in high performance mode.
and in your NVIDIA control panel. 3d graphic settings. global. power management to adaptive/high. adaptive works fine for me.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
so did you at least enable your XMP profile? im assuming you havent done any overclock. and thats your CPU at max turbo 4.8 or did you OC to sync all cores to 4.8?
you can check if your OS power plan is in high performance mode.
and in your NVIDIA control panel. 3d graphic settings. global. power management to adaptive/high. adaptive works fine for me.

Solution