Need help with RX 580 Temp

bmost4395

Commendable
Jul 26, 2017
I recently got the XFX RX 580 Black/Crimson ED. Have not had it for more then 5 days. Temps seemed fine but now the temps keep going up to 60c activating the fans to drop it back down. I don't know if im just crazy and never noticed it going up so much I mean It was hot in my room i got the ambient temp down and it seems to want to stay at 50-55c but its still going up slowly. This is all idle temps. Is this normal? I know the card comes overclocked but this is still worrying with how much i spent on the card. Should i return it and get a new one? Is there a way to control the fans to go all the time? My case ventilation is set up pretty good.

Solution
If it's hot in your room 50-55ºC is fine. Those temps are safe.
Out of the box, many mfg. usually allow their cards to run hot and stay as quiet as possible. However, this can be jarring if, when the fan does come on, it comes on at a high/loud speed.
If you want to make it less noticeable maybe try to play with the fan temp and RPM curve in the Radeon settings. If you have it start up sooner but slower (at lower temps) and then slowly get faster as the temp goes up you shouldn't notice it as much.
If it's hot in your room 50-55ºC is fine. Those temps are safe.
Out of the box, many mfg. usually allow their cards to run hot and stay as quiet as possible. However, this can be jarring if, when the fan does come on, it comes on at a high/loud speed.
If you want to make it less noticeable maybe try to play with the fan temp and RPM curve in the Radeon settings. If you have it start up sooner but slower (at lower temps) and then slowly get faster as the temp goes up you shouldn't notice it as much.

Solution

bmost4395

Commendable
Jul 26, 2017

Fans stop around 38 and 40c