RX 480 GPU not detected while installing drivers and software

Jynttari

Honorable
Dec 10, 2016
I've been experiencing lag on a certain game and decided that I needed to revert to old drivers in order to solve this problem.

I followed the steps for using DDU and uninstalled drivers on safe mode.

After rebooting, I ran the driver and software installation package for 17.6.2 and shortly, I received a message saying that the installation could not detect my GPU.

I went to my device manager and scanned for hardware changes, nothing showed up.

Did anyone else ever have this problem ? Also, when my sleep option for powering off my computer is gone.

CPU: i5-6600
GPU: XFX RX 480 8GB
Motherboard: MSI B150M Mortar

a.einsti3n

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
Hi there. have you tried to reinsert the gpu into motherboard(unplug it from pc and then plug it again) after that check if bios is recognizing your gpu. and where do you get the video signal.from rx460 or integrated graphics?

Jynttari

Honorable
Dec 10, 2016

I recently just tried using AMD's auto-detect and it installed the newest adrenaline edition along with some new drivers. It successfully detected my GPU and the hardware change was accordingly added as an RX 480 Hardware in the device manager. However, the lag in the game still remained and I did the whole process using DDU and uninstalled all my drivers again. The driver package for 17.6.2 still doesn't detect my GPU. Could this driver and software package be the problem ??

a.einsti3n

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018

maybe you have viruses in your pc that is eating resurces