Solved

What do you think of this AMD gaming PC

Corsair Graphite 780T White & Black Color Full Tower Case $291.50
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X AM4 Processor $518.10
Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero AMD AM4 X370 RyzenMotherboard $390.50
700W CoolerMaster B2 PSU; >85% efficiency $119.90
Sapphire RX580 NITRO+ 8GB Extreme Gaming Video Card $572.00 x2 $572.00=$1144
16GB G.skill (8GBx2)DDR4-3200 CL14-14-14-34 1.35 [Flare X for AMD] $385.00 1Tb Intel M.2 SSD 600P M.2 80Mm Pcie 3.0 X4, 1800R/560W Mb/s $528.00
Corsair H80iv2 Liquid Cooler Multi Socket CPU 2x Fans $150.70
LGE OEM BH16NS55 BLK BluRay Burner,16xBD-R Read/Write $110.00
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit $250.80
Asus 23.6" LED 1ms Full HD HDMI Gaming Monitor with Speakers $218.00
Logitech MK120 USB Desktop (Keyboard & Mouse) $45.10

Total Cost $3469.50


Well what do you think of it, will be fast? Thank you.

Read this https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/14/tips-for-building-a-better-amd-ryzen-system

Im sorry AMD too many people voting for intel.
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd gaming
  1. CPU is way overkill for gaming, you could do so much more for the price like a better monitor with Freesync.
  2. Threadripper is not really meant for gaming.
  3. As a purely gaming pc its a waste of money. You can build better for less money.
  4. Agree with others.

    Threadripper is completely overkill and pointless for gaming. An 8th gen i7 will play games better at a fraction of the price.
  5. You've built an excellent workstation, but not a gaming system.
    Are you adverse to buying the parts and assembling the system yourself?
    What is your total budget?
    Would you like us to suggest a more gaming orientated build? Maybe not one you'd build yourself but to specify as a custom build.
    I'll guess from the Mwave list you're in Australia?
  6. coozie7 said:
    You've built an excellent workstation, but not a gaming system.
    Are you adverse to buying the parts and assembling the system yourself?
    What is your total budget?
    Would you like us to suggest a more gaming orientated build? Maybe not one you'd build yourself but to specify as a custom build.
    I'll guess from the Mwave list you're in Australia?


    Hi, Its Crixus himself reincarnated from God, I unerstand now this pick I chosed was not a gaming system, but I would love to have AMD system because they are cheaper to build for World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online. Yes Iam from Australia and I am thinking of buying the parts from Mwave.com.au the budget would be up to 10K if less than that would be good and I am getting Mwave to put the computer together and get it running for me. Thank you.

    Hi I just remade my spec so look at my specs again if you please.
  7. crixusthegladiatorhero said:

    I would love to have AMD system because they are cheaper to build for World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online.

    .


    holy crap man... You have completely run up the wrong tree

    for those games, and in fact MOST online games intel is the way to go because the VAST majority dont even use more than 2 cores


    i7 8700k build would completely and utterly trounce that setup you posted and probably cost HALF


    jesus you even had 144hz monitor BOY would you have been so utterly disappointed on your workstation when you tried to game on it XD


    ryzen is not good enough for high refresh rate gaming either


    make yourself an i5 8400 build
  8. If you still want a lot of power and want for future proof. Beast for gaming. 32 Gigs because your original one took 64. 32 is plenty. Includes the monitor. Save the other $6k for investing in something else.

    PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6VnPyf
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6VnPyf/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($549.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 120 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($229.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($629.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($188.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card ($1199.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Case: Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($209.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($199.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Optical Drive: Pioneer - BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($95.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($138.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Monitor: Asus - PB277Q 27.0" 2560x1440 75Hz Monitor ($499.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Keyboard: Corsair - STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard ($129.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Mouse: Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse ($85.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Total: $4317.97
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-18 15:24 AEDT+1100
  9. I do NOT want INTEL or NVIDIA because they are too expensive and I am from Australia and the only stores I will get it from either AusPCMarket or MWave so please give me an AMD build please.
  10. You went from a $10k build to what was given to you from Mwave by ArchitSahu which is better and cheaper than the AMD build you changed from Threadripper. Your last post makes no sense.
  11. We're not being fanboys here, nor are we wasting your hard earned Dollars, just trying to give you the fastest system for your money.
    For gaming on a fast 1080 display, Intel is the way to go, and online games can really suffer under an AMD CPU, they want fast ( high GHz ) clocks and efficient cores, which Intel has. I'm not saying an AMD Ryzen build will run games like a slideshow, far from it, just that Intel will give your system more speed.

    My choices:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($364.00 @ Shopping Express)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($138.00 @ Shopping Express)
    Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($227.48 @ Kogan)
    Memory: Team - Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($308.00 @ Umart)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($574.00 @ Shopping Express)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card ($1189.00 @ IJK)
    Case: Corsair - 780T ATX Full Tower Case ($248.00 @ Shopping Express)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($149.00 @ IJK)
    Optical Drive: Pioneer - BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($85.00 @ Shopping Express)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($124.00 @ Shopping Express)
    Monitor: ViewSonic - XG2530 25.0" 1920x1080 240Hz Monitor ($449.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Total: $3855.48
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-19 06:57 AEDT+1100

    My reasons:

    Cheaper than your AMD build it'll run rings around it on a high refresh 1080 display.

    CPU: Couldn't see any reason to go for a i7, it'll be wasted on online games while the i5 I selected is nearly as fast elsewhere.

    Memory: 16 Gb is more than enough for gaming/home use, add more if you wish but there's no real need for it.

    SSD: There's no real benefit from the Pro version of the 960 for a home user and the Evo is more than $300 cheaper.

    GPU: Yes, it's massive overkill for a slower display but that big GTX1080Ti will match dual RX580s without the inevitable Crossfire hassles.

    Switched to a less expensive, but still quality PSU and kept that huge ;) Corsair case along with a Blu-ray drive.

    Win 10 is the way to go unless you really want to stick with Win 7.

    A 240Hz display is really going to show off that GTX1080Ti, no matter what games you throw at it, and don't be worried about the Freesync part, it'll work just fine with an Nvidia card, just set the monitor refresh rate to 'highest available' and vsync to 'off' in the Nvidia Control Panel 'manage 3d settings' section for awesome, superfast gaming.

    ALL the parts in the list show as available at the Mwave website, PcPartpicker just selects the cheapest for its listing but Mwave isn't always the cheapest, so the total price will be closer to <>$4200Aus (at a guess, but it'll be well under the $5000 for the AMD build in your first post ).

    And yes, I deliberately missed keyboard/mouse-your choice here.
  12. Watch the language please
  13. I want AMD build not INTELand I am buying it this year soon, if you cant read my message you have a problem.
  14. crixusthegladiatorhero said:
    I want AMD build not INTELand I am buying it this year soon, if you cant read my message you have a problem.


    question:

    if you knew what you were going to waste your money on before hand, and are not willing to listen to actual advice

    why come on here and waste all the poster's time?
  15. Best answer
    maxalge said:
    crixusthegladiatorhero said:
    I want AMD build not INTELand I am buying it this year soon, if you cant read my message you have a problem.


    question:

    if you knew what you were going to waste your money on before hand, and are not willing to listen to actual advice

    why come on here and waste all the poster's time?


    Exactly.

    But since you are one of the most demanding, stubborn and entitled person I have ever met who is not willing to take advice, here is a FULLY AMD build for you. Everything is from Mwave or AusPCMarket.

    PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tf4ym8
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tf4ym8/by_merchant/

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor ($489.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Motherboard: MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard ($249.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($329.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($324.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB Video Card ($1345.30)
    Case: Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($209.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($199.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Optical Drive: Pioneer - BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($95.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($138.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Monitor: AOC - AG271QX 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor ($679.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Keyboard: Corsair - STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($179.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Mouse: Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse ($85.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Total: $4540.27
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-19 17:44 AEDT+1100
  16. ArchitSahu said:
    maxalge said:
    crixusthegladiatorhero said:
    I want AMD build not INTELand I am buying it this year soon, if you cant read my message you have a problem.


    question:

    if you knew what you were going to waste your money on before hand, and are not willing to listen to actual advice

    why come on here and waste all the poster's time?


    Exactly.

    But since you are one of the most demanding, stubborn and entitled person I have ever met who is not willing to take advice, here is a FULLY AMD build for you. Everything is from Mwave or AusPCMarket.

    PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tf4ym8
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tf4ym8/by_merchant/

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor ($489.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Motherboard: MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard ($249.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($329.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($324.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB Video Card ($1345.30)
    Case: Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($209.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($199.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Optical Drive: Pioneer - BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($95.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($138.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Monitor: AOC - AG271QX 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor ($679.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Keyboard: Corsair - STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($179.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Mouse: Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse ($85.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Total: $4540.27
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-19 17:44 AEDT+1100


    Why did you pick RX Vega 64 not the RX 580?
  17. maxalge said:
    crixusthegladiatorhero said:
    I want AMD build not INTELand I am buying it this year soon, if you cant read my message you have a problem.


    question:

    if you knew what you were going to waste your money on before hand, and are not willing to listen to actual advice

    why come on here and waste all the poster's time?


    Because I am new to the industry and I need some help with it before i buy them.
  18. crixusthegladiatorhero said:
    ArchitSahu said:
    maxalge said:
    crixusthegladiatorhero said:
    I want AMD build not INTELand I am buying it this year soon, if you cant read my message you have a problem.


    question:

    if you knew what you were going to waste your money on before hand, and are not willing to listen to actual advice

    why come on here and waste all the poster's time?


    Exactly.

    But since you are one of the most demanding, stubborn and entitled person I have ever met who is not willing to take advice, here is a FULLY AMD build for you. Everything is from Mwave or AusPCMarket.

    PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tf4ym8
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tf4ym8/by_merchant/

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor ($489.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Motherboard: MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard ($249.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($329.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($324.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB Video Card ($1345.30)
    Case: Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($209.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($199.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Optical Drive: Pioneer - BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($95.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($138.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Monitor: AOC - AG271QX 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor ($679.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Keyboard: Corsair - STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($179.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Mouse: Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse ($85.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Total: $4540.27
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-19 17:44 AEDT+1100


    Why did you pick RX Vega 64 not the RX 580?


    RX Vega 64 is more powerful and better for 1440p and 1080p gaming. Usually gives higher average FPS and a higher count of FPS. Should last longer and gives you more options.

    The RX 580 is not a bad option, it is equivalent to the GTX 1070 and is not a bad option for 1440p and 1080p. However, at 1440p, it would not give constant 60 FPS for some games at ultra settings, something the Vega 64 should technically do for nearly all games.
  19. ArchitSahu said:
    crixusthegladiatorhero said:
    ArchitSahu said:
    maxalge said:
    crixusthegladiatorhero said:
    I want AMD build not INTELand I am buying it this year soon, if you cant read my message you have a problem.


    question:

    if you knew what you were going to waste your money on before hand, and are not willing to listen to actual advice

    why come on here and waste all the poster's time?


    Exactly.

    But since you are one of the most demanding, stubborn and entitled person I have ever met who is not willing to take advice, here is a FULLY AMD build for you. Everything is from Mwave or AusPCMarket.

    PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tf4ym8
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tf4ym8/by_merchant/

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor ($489.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Motherboard: MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard ($249.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($329.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($324.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB Video Card ($1345.30)
    Case: Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($209.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($199.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Optical Drive: Pioneer - BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($95.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($138.99 @ Mwave Australia)
    Monitor: AOC - AG271QX 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor ($679.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Keyboard: Corsair - STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($179.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Mouse: Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse ($85.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Total: $4540.27
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-19 17:44 AEDT+1100


    Why did you pick RX Vega 64 not the RX 580?


    RX Vega 64 is more powerful and better for 1440p and 1080p gaming. Usually gives higher average FPS and a higher count of FPS. Should last longer and gives you more options.

    The RX 580 is not a bad option, it is equivalent to the GTX 1070 and is not a bad option for 1440p and 1080p. However, at 1440p, it would not give constant 60 FPS for some games at ultra settings, something the Vega 64 should technically do for nearly all games.



    Cool thank you, then I'll go for Vega 64 then if that helps.
  20. Er, how did I get picked as the solution? or was that just a mistake? Either way, since it's me, I've taken it off, if you want to reselect me feel free. ;)

    In the meantime, if you can find a Vega 64 it's a stronger card than the Vega 56 and better suited to your needs it will really come in handy if you opt for the 1440 monitor linked by ArchitSahu while the R7 1800X in his build is currently top of the line from AMD for gaming, with a little luck Australian prices have also take a little drop recently.
Ask a new question