RX 560 4GB (with Freesync) or GTX 1050 Ti?

Dec 14, 2017
From the one hand GTX 1050 Ti is 15 - 20% faster (~10 FPS more) but also 40 euros more where i live, but on the other hand we have RX 560 which can operate with my freesync monitor which I already have, + RX 560 is as fast and sometimes as fast as 1050 Ti on DX12 and Vulkan games (Games of the Future) and Freesync offers elimination of screen tearing and stuter which can make (as i have heard) games that don't run as well playable is situations which other cards wouldn't. Which one would you recommend?

P.S: Please don't talk from a side of a Fanboy. :)

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Well for the raw power aka more FPS. Then the 1050 TI. I just hate to recommend that too you because of your Freesync monitor.

Freesync and GSync are very nice features to have. I use mine all the time. I wouldn't ignore it for gaming.

So with that in mind. I would suggest you either save a little more and get the RX580 or just get the RX560 and upgrade to a newer gen GPU at a later time.

The RX560 should be enough for you to get decent FPS in those games and hold you off until you can afford a better AMD GPU.
I'm assuming your monitor is a Freesync monitor correct? If this is the case I would stick with the RX 560 since you already have the monitor compatible with Freesync. If you go with the GTX you will need to purchase another monitor compatible with Gsync if you want that feature.

Gsync monitors also tend to cost more.

Dec 14, 2017

Yes i Have a Freesync monitor but would you think the freesync will make the card compete to the more powerfull GTX 1050 Ti? Or should i give the extra 30 - 40 euros to stick with the 1050 Ti over the rx 560?

Freesync wont increase performance. Just the smoothness of gameplay.

1050 TI is about 25% faster then the RX 560. So if you just want raw power. Then go with the 1050 TI.

But like I said earlier. It would cost more then 30-40 euros if you end up wanting a Gsync compatible monitor with the new 1050 TI.

What about going to a RX 580 instead? That is roughly 70% faster then the 1050 TI and you wouldn't need to purchase another monitor for the Freesync.

Dec 14, 2017

I'd love to get an 580 bur my budget is under 170. So what I'm searching for is the best gaming experience for Forza Horizon 3, PUBG, GTA V and Indi Games. With those in mind the best choices are the RX 560 and the GTX 1050 Ti. So what I've understand is that for the best gaming experience you recommend me the RX 560, right?

Well for the raw power aka more FPS. Then the 1050 TI. I just hate to recommend that too you because of your Freesync monitor.

Freesync and GSync are very nice features to have. I use mine all the time. I wouldn't ignore it for gaming.

So with that in mind. I would suggest you either save a little more and get the RX580 or just get the RX560 and upgrade to a newer gen GPU at a later time.

The RX560 should be enough for you to get decent FPS in those games and hold you off until you can afford a better AMD GPU.

Solution
Dec 14, 2017

Well thank you very much, I have one more question. Do we know anything about the New-Gen GPUS?

Dec 14, 2017

If it's worth waiting, for better performance, for better price (miners cough* ) :3

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is rarely worth waiting unless there is a release date set for something.

When it comes to GPUs, the typical release schedule is to start with the larger GPUs. So even if the next gen GPUs are released mid-year, ones in your price range won't show up for some time after.

Dec 14, 2017

OK, thanks Eximo. I'm going with the Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 GAMING OC, 4 GB at 130 euros (160$). Ooooh or give 20 euros more for the Strix edition of Asus?