i3 4160 + GTX 760Ti lags/underperfoms when online

bedgrammar

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Mobo: Asus H81mM-C
Cpu: i3 4160
GPU: MSI GTX 760 ti 2gb
Ram: 10 GB dual DDR3

So in offline mode, I get 100+ FPS on FIFA 18 and 120+ on Rocket League all max settings, but then as soon as I connected to my WiFi, it all starts dropping to like 6 to 30 FPS on FIFA 18, and 26 - 65+ on rocket league, I know 60 FPS should be fine especially on my old 60 Hz monitor, but it doesn't feel smooth at all, I get a lot of stutters makes it unplayable, and it doesn't matter if I'm on a match or training mode.

Could this be because of some malware or spyware? Because my Google chrome and steam apps is infected by one nasty adware that keeps reappearing (I've scanned and deleted the malware (adware.elex) for a dozen times, and a rootkit scan took me like 5 or 6 hours) or is it something with my hardware?
Any help would be appreciated, I mean, HELP PLEAASE

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
can you try to compare the CPU usage when the wifi is on compared to when its off/disabled?

also while you are on task manager. go to performance tab. open resource monitor. cpu tab. expand services. sort by average cpu. and share a screenshot thru imgur.

if your wireless adapter and your router supports dual band, you can switch to the 5Ghz connection instead of the 2.5Ghz. its usually more stable. and you may installed some addons for your gaming experience that may be causing the high CPU usage/lag when connected on wifi.

bedgrammar

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018

Ah thank you for the fast response, sorry I wasn't able to reply asap.
I'm using my phone as hotspot, so I don't think it's dual band, ya? and I don't think it matters whether my connection is okay or not.

And here it is, Online:
BWigVLO.png
Offline:
OmjKtwK.png

Also, I understand that there's gotta be differences in online and offline performance, but I'm sure it's not this big, right? I mean, something's definitely not right with my pc. And my cpu doesn't bottleneck my gpu, afaik.

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017
This underperforming performance is mostly causing by the adware virus.
Reinstall windows 10 with keeping your files or just do a FULL reinstall (recommended).

I've had this problem with my laptop years ago and my laptop was so slow.
When i did the reinstall it was so buttery smooth as new.