120 HZ 4k TV For PC Gaming?

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello i have a question about a new TV that i bought, its a 55 inch 120hz 4k Hisense TV and i was wondering if it would be a better idea to use the TV as a gaming monitor Rather then my 32 inch curved 60hz Samsung monitor?

Solution
That might be due to whatever your TV's equivalent of View Mode is (That's what my Sharp Aquos calls it). I've been able to get decent results, with no weird cutoff issues, by setting it to Dot By Dot rather than any stretch, smart stretch or what have you.

Not that it was easy to figure out exactly what was causing it at first. It can be a frustrating experience.

from my experience i have never had much luck finding a TV that woks well with a PC. i always end up having to re scale the screen in the display driver settings because the image keeps getting overblown cutting stuff off.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
That might be due to whatever your TV's equivalent of View Mode is (That's what my Sharp Aquos calls it). I've been able to get decent results, with no weird cutoff issues, by setting it to Dot By Dot rather than any stretch, smart stretch or what have you.

Not that it was easy to figure out exactly what was causing it at first. It can be a frustrating experience.

Solution