Oc 970 scc acx2.0

angeldoom22

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
So the card I have is evga and the box talks all about how It's heatsink is great for overclocking and I know most poepel seem to recommend oc a gpu as it offers free performance.
So my questions would be first off, has the factory oc most likely squeezed all the safe temps out of it?

And if not, I have a particular game in mind for it. I use the cemu emulator to play mk8 and when we do 4 players it's just barely below full speed fps. So would ocing it as much as I can allow me to notice a improvement enough to push me just over the peak if smooth gameplay in cemu?

I have 8gb 1333mhz
Xeon 1245 3.4ghz
And 120gb SanDisk ssd
And the card is 4gb ddr5

Solution
It's more likely that you've run into the limits of the emulator, or maybe your CPU isn't good enough. Either way you can OC has high as you want as long as it's stable and you have decent case airflow. The heatsink and fan configuration on that card is more than enough to cool it as long as you can circulate air well. I imagine you might be hitting near-70C on your GPU, which is still WAAAAY inside the safe temp limit. So you'll be fine as long as you have decent airflow.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
It's more likely that you've run into the limits of the emulator, or maybe your CPU isn't good enough. Either way you can OC has high as you want as long as it's stable and you have decent case airflow. The heatsink and fan configuration on that card is more than enough to cool it as long as you can circulate air well. I imagine you might be hitting near-70C on your GPU, which is still WAAAAY inside the safe temp limit. So you'll be fine as long as you have decent airflow.

Solution

angeldoom22

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Well I noticed on YouTube that someone with say a 1070 and a i5 that doesn't seem too much more powerful than my xeon will get 60fps no problem. Even seen 4k at 60 with a titan x. I suppose I'll need to monitor my hardware while running it to determine what's really causing the throttle. Thanks for the advice. Glad to know I should have oc headroom .my case flow is pretty good.