would two 1050 ti's be better then one 1060?

Solution
correct.
also, if that's USA pricing those numbers don't look right to me.

The cheapest GTX1050Ti seems to be $150, but again it doesn't support SLI anyway.

In fact, I think the lowest card to support SLI (more specifically SLI AFR as in Alternate Frame Rendering) is the GTX1070.

Cards are too expensive right now. Nobody knows when the crypto-crash will come but it will and prices will then plummet. We may see GTX1060's down to $250 in just two months or so. Nobody knows.

We may see GTX1080's as low as $500USD in the near future too so you may end up kicking yourself. It's tough to wait I know.
correct.
also, if that's USA pricing those numbers don't look right to me.

The cheapest GTX1050Ti seems to be $150, but again it doesn't support SLI anyway.

In fact, I think the lowest card to support SLI (more specifically SLI AFR as in Alternate Frame Rendering) is the GTX1070.

Cards are too expensive right now. Nobody knows when the crypto-crash will come but it will and prices will then plummet. We may see GTX1060's down to $250 in just two months or so. Nobody knows.

We may see GTX1080's as low as $500USD in the near future too so you may end up kicking yourself. It's tough to wait I know.

Solution

A GTX770 is similar to a GTX1050Ti in terms of performance. I would pay no more than $100USD for a used GTX770 that comes from a seemingly reputable source.

A GTX970 is similar to a GTX1060 3GB card. I'd pay up to about $150 then sell it again once prices drop back in line. Again, a GTX1080 is what I'd aim for if they drop back to about $500USD or so.

Of course if used cards fail there's no Warranty.

Here's a handy AVERAGE of about 20 games to compare modern card performance (with reasonably good CPU):
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1080_Ti_Gaming_X/30.html