iancomputerman

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
I like parts with nice looks,
and quality components,
so please don't tell me to
get a crappy mobo, psu or ram
to get the price down, cause I won't.
What I want to know is what will be the capabilities of this machine in terms of performance in the latest games:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BhxLCy

Thanks

Solution
Let's start from the top.

1500X suggests some smart shopping and a desire to possibly OC in the future. Wonder which cooler you chose.

You left the spire in there. Another budget move, maybe.

The Tomahawk is a fairly popular and dependable board.

Your RAM choice earns you a penalty(FPS and bench scores and against manufacturer's recommendation). I'd opt for a dual-channel pair.

I'd opt for the more dependable WB Blue. 1TB now and add another later on. I'd rather have 2 so that if one fails I don't lose everything.

2GB VRAM is so last decade. That isn't a good pairing for the 1500x.

While you picked a top of the line PSU it does only have 550W. That is more than enough for anything up to the 1080 but not the Ti version. I...

Cystash

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Performance would be decent, I would look at getting 16 or more gigs of ram. Also get rid of that seagate and get a western digital black hdd. Seagate drives do not hold up and will crash on you within a year.

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
Considering prices right now of certain components, it looks ok. You can add an SSD later on for the os and any frequent programs. I would have recommended the gtx 1060 6gb as your gpu, but gpu prices are insane, so don’t.

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
^

Well, that just summed up most, if not, everything you could change with the setup...

EDIT: Although I may say put the RMx 550w to a CXM (2017) 550w. As reliable as it may be, it is a whopping $75. If you were to upgrade and up the wattage, THEN you can get something along those lines. But for a budget build that’s probably going to get an upgrade sooner or later, it may not be the wisest decision...financially .

Let's start from the top.

1500X suggests some smart shopping and a desire to possibly OC in the future. Wonder which cooler you chose.

You left the spire in there. Another budget move, maybe.

The Tomahawk is a fairly popular and dependable board.

Your RAM choice earns you a penalty(FPS and bench scores and against manufacturer's recommendation). I'd opt for a dual-channel pair.

I'd opt for the more dependable WB Blue. 1TB now and add another later on. I'd rather have 2 so that if one fails I don't lose everything.

2GB VRAM is so last decade. That isn't a good pairing for the 1500x.

While you picked a top of the line PSU it does only have 550W. That is more than enough for anything up to the 1080 but not the Ti version. I don't think you'd ever buy it but should that happen the PSU would be too weak.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($173.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($81.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.55 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card ($224.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($83.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $786.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-05 10:41 EST-0500

Solution